Old 29-10-2007, 02:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Dallas Red Lantana 1 of 4 - DRLantanaAmbient.jpg (1/1)

I've been putting in more Lantana lately as it's a reliable perennial,
takes very little water, blooms a lot, is pretty and is coming in a
greater variety of colors now. Lowe's has been carrying 3 or 4 different
color varieties of what they call the "Dallas Red". One that I ran
across is putting out double blooms. :-)

I put two different colors of them in this pot out front and it's
working out well.

Part of my landscaping plan is to put in plants that use as little water
as possible.
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

Attached Thumbnails
Dallas Red Lantana 1 of 4 - DRLantanaAmbient.jpg (1/1)-drlantanaambient.jpg
Old 29-10-2007, 09:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I am very fond of lantana, too, here's a cutie I had this summer.

Omelet wrote:
| I've been putting in more Lantana lately as it's a reliable perennial,
| takes very little water, blooms a lot, is pretty and is coming in a
| greater variety of colors now. Lowe's has been carrying 3 or 4
| different
| color varieties of what they call the "Dallas Red". One that I ran
| across is putting out double blooms. :-)
|
| I put two different colors of them in this pot out front and it's
| working out well.
|
| Part of my landscaping plan is to put in plants that use as little
| water
| as possible.

Attached Thumbnails
Dallas Red Lantana 1 of 4 - DRLantanaAmbient.jpg (1/1)-lantana2.jpg
Old 30-10-2007, 01:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Omelet wrote:
| I've been putting in more Lantana lately as it's a reliable perennial,
| takes very little water, blooms a lot, is pretty and is coming in a
| greater variety of colors now. Lowe's has been carrying 3 or 4
| different
| color varieties of what they call the "Dallas Red". One that I ran
| across is putting out double blooms. :-)
|
| I put two different colors of them in this pot out front and it's
| working out well.
|
| Part of my landscaping plan is to put in plants that use as little
| water
| as possible.

begin 666 lantana2.jpg
[Image]

end

Ooh I like that color! Very dainty. :-)

I've got to try to get a good pic of the more purply ones when they
start blooming again here.