GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mother, father gramma and baby (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/166336-mother-father-gramma-baby.html)

Padraig 31-10-2007 12:11 AM

Mother, father gramma and baby

1 Attachment(s)

Omelet[_2_] 31-10-2007 01:45 AM

Mother, father gramma and baby

In article ,
"Padraig" wrote:

[Image]

Ooh LUNCH! :-)

Shaggy manes... but a bit too mature for a couple of them. g
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

Padraig 31-10-2007 06:28 PM

"Omelet" wrote in message

Ooh LUNCH! :-)

Shaggy manes... but a bit too mature for a couple of them. g

Too mature? They just popped up yesterday. Must be pretty short lived.

I wouldn't eat a wild mushroom on a bet.
--
Paddy's Pig

Omelet[_2_] 31-10-2007 06:36 PM

"Padraig" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message

Ooh LUNCH! :-)

Shaggy manes... but a bit too mature for a couple of them. g

Too mature? They just popped up yesterday. Must be pretty short lived.

I wouldn't eat a wild mushroom on a bet.
--
Paddy's Pig

There are more than one species of Coprinus for sure. ;-)

I'd be sure it was a shaggy mane.

I'm also leery of wild mushies but yes, they don't last long!
Once they start to melt and turn black around the edges, I understand
they are no good.

Michael[_8_] 02-11-2007 03:03 AM

Mother, father gramma and baby

Mmmmmm.... shaggies!

Can I eat the baby, please? Can I can I can I huh???

Michael[_8_] 02-11-2007 03:09 AM

Padraig wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message

Ooh LUNCH! :-)

Shaggy manes... but a bit too mature for a couple of them. g

Too mature? They just popped up yesterday. Must be pretty short lived.

Yep. If it fruits in relatively warm, damp weather, a shaggy mane can go
from a firm and perfect button to a gooey, inky sludge in less than three
days.

I wouldn't eat a wild mushroom on a bet.

Sad, that. You're missing out, *big* time.

There are many common and delicious edible species that are practically
unmistakable and have no "nasty" look-alikes, and I've been picking and
eating them for decades.

Mary Fisher 03-11-2007 10:42 AM

"Michael" wrote in message

Padraig wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message

I wouldn't eat a wild mushroom on a bet.

Sad, that. You're missing out, *big* time.

There are many common and delicious edible species that are practically
unmistakable and have no "nasty" look-alikes, and I've been picking and
eating them for decades.

Same here.

I collected some beautiful mushrooms without knowing what they were and
looked them up when we got home. They were parasols and the best fungi I've
ever tasted.

Mary