Old 25-04-2008, 12:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Male Anna's mid-air

Attached Thumbnails
Male Anna's mid-air-male-annas-mid-air.jpg
Old 25-04-2008, 12:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Sure looks sure of himself. ;-)

--
wolf k.
Old 25-04-2008, 01:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

begin 666 Male Anna's mid-air.jpg
[Image]

end

Mom always loved to watch the Anna's mid-air mating dance.
It's hilarious. :-)

Are they nesting in your yard?

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson
Old 25-04-2008, 01:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Mom always loved to watch the Anna's mid-air mating dance. It's
hilarious. :-)

Are they nesting in your yard?

They fly around here all the time but if there's a nest on my actual
property I can't find it. My daughter's got two nests at her place and I
think my son said he had one at his place too.

I think they're kind of PO'd at me because I changed the feeder from the
disc type with the footrails you've seen in a lot of my shots to the smaller
vertical tube type with no footrest the other day. They pretty much made
themselves scarce the past coupla days. I don't even hear them twittering
away at me while they sit in my trees. It's eerie. Do you think they hold
a grudge?
--
Pat Durkin

Old 25-04-2008, 02:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

WOW!!! A super shot Pat, this one would be worth printing & framing.
Cheers Wendy

Old 25-04-2008, 03:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Paddy's Pig" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Mom always loved to watch the Anna's mid-air mating dance. It's
hilarious. :-)

Are they nesting in your yard?

They fly around here all the time but if there's a nest on my actual
property I can't find it. My daughter's got two nests at her place and I
think my son said he had one at his place too.

I think they're kind of PO'd at me because I changed the feeder from the
disc type with the footrails you've seen in a lot of my shots to the smaller
vertical tube type with no footrest the other day. They pretty much made
themselves scarce the past coupla days. I don't even hear them twittering
away at me while they sit in my trees. It's eerie. Do you think they hold
a grudge?

They ARE pretty smart! :-)
When we lived in CA, mom used to fill 3 1 liter feeders a couple of
times per day.

They'd hover in the livingroom picture window when the feeders got empty
and BEG! g

Old 25-04-2008, 03:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
They ARE pretty smart! :-)
When we lived in CA, mom used to fill 3 1 liter feeders a couple of times
per day.

They'd hover in the livingroom picture window when the feeders got empty
and BEG! g

Yeah I know. They were doing that here last year too but so far this year
they're kinda stand-offish.
--
Pat Durkin

Old 25-04-2008, 10:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:00:22 -0500, Omelet
wrote:

They'd hover in the livingroom picture window when the feeders got empty
and BEG! g

Not begging, just reminding you to do your duty! )

Old 25-04-2008, 03:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

They'd hover in the livingroom picture window when the feeders got empty
and BEG! g

Not begging, just reminding you to do your duty! )

giggles Pretty much!
They are so darned cute...