GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to protect from birds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/173977-how-protect-birds.html)

Moe Jones 06-05-2008 01:34 PM

How to protect from birds

1 Attachment(s)
What would you recommend to protect my strawberries from birds?

--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Wolf Kirchmeir[_3_] 06-05-2008 01:45 PM

How to protect from birds

Moe Jones wrote:
What would you recommend to protect my strawberries from birds?

Netting, 1/2" openings or less. The birds can get caught in larger
openings. A few mylar streamers (Christmas tinsel?) won't hurt.

Here, our problem isn't birds but small rodents.

--
wolf k.

Phisherman[_1_] 06-05-2008 02:16 PM

How to protect from birds

On Tue, 6 May 2008 07:34:50 -0500, "Moe Jones"
wrote:

What would you recommend to protect my strawberries from birds?

I use nylon bird netting for my blueberries. Home Depot sells it.

Moe Jones 06-05-2008 04:29 PM

How to protect from birds

Moe Jones wrote:
What would you recommend to protect my strawberries from birds?

Thanks, I will check in Home Depot.
--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Omelet[_4_] 06-05-2008 06:21 PM

How to protect from birds

In article ,
"Moe Jones" wrote:

What would you recommend to protect my strawberries from birds?

Simple and cheap.

Bird netting. Most home and garden stores carry it.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson

Suzie-Q 07-05-2008 01:49 AM

How to protect from birds

In article ,
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

Moe Jones wrote:
What would you recommend to protect my strawberries from birds?

Netting, 1/2" openings or less. The birds can get caught in larger
openings. A few mylar streamers (Christmas tinsel?) won't hurt.

Hang old CDs so they can move with the breeze.

--
8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~

stphen 10-03-2010 11:17 AM

Bird repellents and adhesives though are one of the most straightforward ways to deter any kind of feathered friend from choosing your strawberries as its home. Bird spike is also a useful method to repel them from your property and premises.