Old 06-05-2008, 01:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default How to protect from birds

What would you recommend to protect my strawberries from birds?

--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Attached Thumbnails
How to protect from birds-hpim0151-small-.jpg
Old 06-05-2008, 01:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Moe Jones wrote:
What would you recommend to protect my strawberries from birds?

Netting, 1/2" openings or less. The birds can get caught in larger
openings. A few mylar streamers (Christmas tinsel?) won't hurt.

Here, our problem isn't birds but small rodents.

--
wolf k.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 6 May 2008 07:34:50 -0500, "Moe Jones"
wrote:

What would you recommend to protect my strawberries from birds?

I use nylon bird netting for my blueberries. Home Depot sells it.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Moe Jones wrote:
What would you recommend to protect my strawberries from birds?

Thanks, I will check in Home Depot.
--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Old 06-05-2008, 06:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Moe Jones" wrote:

What would you recommend to protect my strawberries from birds?

Simple and cheap.

Bird netting. Most home and garden stores carry it.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson

Old 07-05-2008, 01:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

Moe Jones wrote:
What would you recommend to protect my strawberries from birds?

Netting, 1/2" openings or less. The birds can get caught in larger
openings. A few mylar streamers (Christmas tinsel?) won't hurt.

Hang old CDs so they can move with the breeze.

--
8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~
Old 10-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Registered User

Bird repellents and adhesives though are one of the most straightforward ways to deter any kind of feathered friend from choosing your strawberries as its home. Bird spike is also a useful method to repel them from your property and premises.