GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   When Nothing But Blue Will Do - 20083021.jpg (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/175265-when-nothing-but-blue-will-do-20083021-jpg.html)

John - Pa. 31-05-2008 02:17 PM

When Nothing But Blue Will Do - 20083021.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

JD
Canon 1D-mkIII
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

Marutchi[_3_] 31-05-2008 02:39 PM

John - Pa. wrote:
I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

That's a wonderful shot. The shallow DOF really sets it off.

Mary Fisher 31-05-2008 04:06 PM

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
John - Pa. wrote:
I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

That's a wonderful shot. The shallow DOF really sets it off.

Yes. And the shot of individual flowers makes one look harder and appreciate
more.

One of my favourite sights was a field full of flax, a son dragged me to
look at it. I had no idea he had any idea of such beauty!

Mary

joevan[_2_] 31-05-2008 05:03 PM

On Sat, 31 May 2008 08:24:26 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

A lovely blue, always wanted an all blue garden. Great shot too.
Cheers Wendy
"John - Pa." wrote in message
.. .
I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

JD
Canon 1D-mkIII
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

I'm blue sometimes. I would love to be in your garden.:o)

joevan[_2_] 31-05-2008 06:30 PM

When Nothing But Blue Will Do - 20083021.jpg

On Sat, 31 May 2008 16:03:34 GMT, joevan
wrote:

On Sat, 31 May 2008 08:24:26 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

A lovely blue, always wanted an all blue garden. Great shot too.
Cheers Wendy
"John - Pa." wrote in message
. ..
I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

JD
Canon 1D-mkIII
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

I'm blue sometimes. I would love to be in your garden.:o)

I just realized what I said and it would not be possible for me to be
in your garden, at least not blue. Impossible as I would just be too
pleased to be there that I would never be blue.

Mary Fisher 31-05-2008 07:31 PM

"John - Pa." wrote in message
I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

JD
Canon 1D-mkIII
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

I'm blue sometimes. I would love to be in your garden.:o)

I just realized what I said and it would not be possible for me to be
in your garden, at least not blue. Impossible as I would just be too
pleased to be there that I would never be blue.

You just wanted a good portrait :-)

Mary

yard_lady52 12-07-2008 12:29 AM

[quote='Marutchi[_3_];795483']John - Pa. wrote:
I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

That's a wonderful shot. The shallow DOF really sets it off.[/QUOT

Blue Flax...I just came in touch with this flower while on vacation in Colorado. A very nice lady is going to send my some seed from her's when it makes seed. I was in a tornado and lost everything,and got my back broke. So I have been re-doing my yard. I'm new on here...love flowers.

yard_lady52