Old 31-05-2008, 02:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default When Nothing But Blue Will Do - 20083021.jpg

I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

JD
Canon 1D-mkIII
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

Attached Thumbnails
When Nothing But Blue Will Do - 20083021.jpg-20083021.jpg
Old 31-05-2008, 02:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

John - Pa. wrote:
I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

That's a wonderful shot. The shallow DOF really sets it off.

Old 31-05-2008, 04:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
John - Pa. wrote:
I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

That's a wonderful shot. The shallow DOF really sets it off.

Yes. And the shot of individual flowers makes one look harder and appreciate
more.

One of my favourite sights was a field full of flax, a son dragged me to
look at it. I had no idea he had any idea of such beauty!

Mary

Old 31-05-2008, 05:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 31 May 2008 08:24:26 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

A lovely blue, always wanted an all blue garden. Great shot too.
Cheers Wendy
"John - Pa." wrote in message
news
I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

JD
Canon 1D-mkIII
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

I'm blue sometimes. I would love to be in your garden.)

Old 31-05-2008, 06:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 31 May 2008 16:03:34 GMT, joevan
wrote:

On Sat, 31 May 2008 08:24:26 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

A lovely blue, always wanted an all blue garden. Great shot too.
Cheers Wendy
"John - Pa." wrote in message
news
I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

JD
Canon 1D-mkIII
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

I'm blue sometimes. I would love to be in your garden.)

I just realized what I said and it would not be possible for me to be
in your garden, at least not blue. Impossible as I would just be too
pleased to be there that I would never be blue.
Old 31-05-2008, 07:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

On Sat, 31 May 2008 08:24:26 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

A lovely blue, always wanted an all blue garden. Great shot too.
Cheers Wendy
"John - Pa." wrote in message
news I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

JD
Canon 1D-mkIII
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

I'm blue sometimes. I would love to be in your garden.)

I just realized what I said and it would not be possible for me to be
in your garden, at least not blue. Impossible as I would just be too
pleased to be there that I would never be blue.

You just wanted a good portrait :-)

Mary

Old 12-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Registered User

Smile

[quote='Marutchi[_3_];795483']John - Pa. wrote:
I think that my favorite blue in the garden is linum, the common
perennial blue flax. This is linum lewisii, the native North American
variety. The annual scarlet flax is also a terrific red, but that
isn't blooming yet.

This was taken using a 25mm extension tube on a Canon 24-105L IS for
the macro effect.

That's a wonderful shot. The shallow DOF really sets it off.[/QUOT

Blue Flax...I just came in touch with this flower while on vacation in Colorado. A very nice lady is going to send my some seed from her's when it makes seed. I was in a tornado and lost everything,and got my back broke. So I have been re-doing my yard. I'm new on here...love flowers.

yard_lady52

[IMG] code is On

Garden Door in Door County Wisconsin Garden Door 11 Nothing can be said.JPG (1/1) Just Plane Noise Garden Photos 0 31-07-2009 11:01 PM
I need to help my adopted yucca but i know nothing paterson00 Gardening 2 17-05-2008 04:09 AM
nothing but moss... shackybracky Lawns 0 26-05-2007 08:54 PM
Nothing but weeds ** Frank ** Gardening 29 26-04-2007 05:14 PM
NOTHING to do with gardening, but Mike United Kingdom 6 04-03-2005 10:30 AM