Old 03-07-2008, 10:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Jul3-B - 20084177.jpg

Yumm!!

The folks who built our house in 1960 were very much into gardening
and had a large commercial-grade glass greenhouse on the property. It
was wrecked years ago when a dumb-butt neighbor dropped a tree on it,
and when we bought the property it was just a very large pile of
broken sticks and glass. We had it cleaned out, but what remained was
a 12-ft x 30-ft concrete foundation with 3 long open-dirt "troughs"
under what would have been the growing tables. I turned and augmented
the dirt there and planted 12 raspberry bushes of 2 different
varieties down the middle one, and 2 grape vines in another. This is
working out very nicely because I have a concrete "path" running along
both sides of my raspberry patch. This helps keep them under control
and it makes it easy to get to the berries from both sides. We had our
first taste yesterday, and I expect that pretty soon we will be up to
our eyeballs in raspberries.

Canon 1DmkIII
Canon 16-35mm f2.8L lens @ 35mm; ISO-100; f8; 1/80-sec

JD

Attached Thumbnails
Jul3-B  - 20084177.jpg-20084177.jpg
Old 04-07-2008, 08:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

John - Pa. wrote:
[...]

OMG! I want some.
A dozen or so of them with a half cup of Vanilla ice cream would be to
die for..........Great Shot.
Bob Williams
Old 04-07-2008, 07:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

John - Pa. wrote in message

...We had our
first taste yesterday, and I expect that pretty soon we will be up to
our eyeballs in raspberries.

Not only raspberries but I have a large backlog of eggs from when our
banties began laying. That means that, because of the perfect conditions for
a huge raspberry crop, we're having to put up with raspberry pavlova almost
very evening :-(

Life's tough, but we have to suffer ...

Mary
drooling ...