GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant I.D. ?Nightshade? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/177662-plant-i-d-nightshade.html)

3Putt in Coastal SC 08-08-2008 02:33 AM

Plant I.D. ?Nightshade?

1 Attachment(s)

Radar 08-08-2008 05:18 AM

Plant I.D. ?Nightshade?

"3Putt in Coastal SC" wrote in message

Nope, not nightshade. It's a clematis of some sort, but I really don't know
which. It reminds me a bit of Clematis roguchi....but it's not quite the
same.

http://images.google.ca/images?um=1&...ematis+roguchi

Regards,
Rick

3Putt in Coastal SC 08-08-2008 12:02 PM

Plant I.D. ?Nightshade?

"Radar" wrote in message

"3Putt in Coastal SC" wrote in message

Nope, not nightshade. It's a clematis of some sort, but I really don't
know which. It reminds me a bit of Clematis roguchi....but it's not quite
the same.

http://images.google.ca/images?um=1&...ematis+roguchi

Regards,
Rick

The web site you referenced, there is a close one near the bottom. But it's
in ?Japanese.

nonews 08-08-2008 03:23 PM

Plant I.D. ?Nightshade?

May be Clematis douglasii which is similar in color. Clematis roguchi in my
garden is a very dark blue/purple. Shape of flower of both is the same.
Definitely one of the small-flowered Clematis. Might be a wild seedling of
these Clematis.

nonews 08-08-2008 07:52 PM

Plant I.D. ?Nightshade?

You might also look at this site
http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?...cr_008_avp.jpg for
Clematis crispa which is native to your area. C. douglasii is a native of
the western U.S. I've looked for a photo online of C. douglasii and cannot
find one that matches that of a reference textbook and your photo. The
British textbook photo is similar to your photo. Photos online are not.
Strange. C. douglasii is the same as C. hirsutissima. I think you have C.
crispa but I'm confused as usual.

3Putt in Coastal SC 09-08-2008 02:53 AM

Plant I.D. ?Nightshade?

Thank you. It does look like the Swamp Leather Flower. Not a pretty name,
but that is probably it.

. ..