Old 08-08-2008, 02:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Plant I.D. ?Nightshade?

Attached Thumbnails
Plant I.D.   ?Nightshade?-nightshade.jpg
Old 08-08-2008, 05:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"3Putt in Coastal SC" wrote in message

Nope, not nightshade. It's a clematis of some sort, but I really don't know
which. It reminds me a bit of Clematis roguchi....but it's not quite the
same.

http://images.google.ca/images?um=1&...ematis+roguchi

Regards,
Rick

Old 08-08-2008, 12:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Radar" wrote in message

"3Putt in Coastal SC" wrote in message

Nope, not nightshade. It's a clematis of some sort, but I really don't
know which. It reminds me a bit of Clematis roguchi....but it's not quite
the same.

http://images.google.ca/images?um=1&...ematis+roguchi

Regards,
Rick

The web site you referenced, there is a close one near the bottom. But it's
in ?Japanese.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

May be Clematis douglasii which is similar in color. Clematis roguchi in my
garden is a very dark blue/purple. Shape of flower of both is the same.
Definitely one of the small-flowered Clematis. Might be a wild seedling of
these Clematis.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

You might also look at this site
http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?...cr_008_avp.jpg for
Clematis crispa which is native to your area. C. douglasii is a native of
the western U.S. I've looked for a photo online of C. douglasii and cannot
find one that matches that of a reference textbook and your photo. The
British textbook photo is similar to your photo. Photos online are not.
Strange. C. douglasii is the same as C. hirsutissima. I think you have C.
crispa but I'm confused as usual.