GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fast growing shrub? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/177813-fast-growing-shrub.html)

scubabeaver 14-08-2008 01:04 AM

Fast growing shrub?

I was given this shrub as a "stick" 2 years ago and planted it in a large tub, it hardly grew in that time producing a few slender green leaves and growing to 12".I replanted it in the garden this year and it grew very quickley to 3 feet and is still growing.As you can see it is very healthy .....but what is it?

Dave

beccabunga 15-08-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubabeaver (Post 809698)
I was given this shrub as a "stick" 2 years ago and planted it in a large tub, it hardly grew in that time producing a few slender green leaves and growing to 12".I replanted it in the garden this year and it grew very quickley to 3 feet and is still growing.As you can see it is very healthy .....but what is it?

Dave

Looks very like a willow, probably the golden barked form.