GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Indentification ?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/178564-indentification.html)

Marilyn[_2_] 13-09-2008 02:55 AM

Indentification ??

1 Attachment(s)
Hi
This is growing in my garden now and I have no idea what it is? I guess I
planted it last year....any ideas?
MarilynRD
p.s. I love the newsgroup! THANKS to all who post.

beccabunga 13-09-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn[_2_] (Post 815483)
Hi
This is growing in my garden now and I have no idea what it is? I guess I
planted it last year....any ideas?
MarilynRD
p.s. I love the newsgroup! THANKS to all who post.

Looks very like Zea mays [Sweetcorn/Maize]

http://caliban.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/~st...ehler/MAIS.jpg

wendy7 13-09-2008 04:53 PM

Indentification ??

Hello Marilyn, Nice to hear from you. My guess is Kaffircorn, not sure of
the botanical name or
perhaps Millet?
Cheers Wendy
. ..

teofrasto[_2_] 13-09-2008 10:00 PM

Indentification ??

"Marilyn" ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..
Hi
This is growing in my garden now and I have no idea what it is? I guess I
planted it last year....any ideas?
MarilynRD
p.s. I love the newsgroup! THANKS to all who post.

Sorghum (maybe) bicolor v. sudanense

Saluti,
Teofrasto

Travis[_4_] 14-09-2008 02:12 AM

Indentification ??

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Hello Marilyn, Nice to hear from you. My guess is Kaffircorn, not sure
of the botanical name or
perhaps Millet?
Cheers Wendy
"Marilyn" wrote in message
. ..
Hi
This is growing in my garden now and I have no idea what it is? I
guess I
planted it last year....any ideas?
MarilynRD
p.s. I love the newsgroup! THANKS to all who post.

Do you have bird feeders in the area? Looks like millet to me.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

beccabunga 14-09-2008 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendy7 (Post 815548)
Hello Marilyn, Nice to hear from you. My guess is Kaffircorn, not sure of
the botanical name or
perhaps Millet?
Cheers Wendy
"Marilyn" wrote in message
. ..
Hi
This is growing in my garden now and I have no idea what it is? I guess I
planted it last year....any ideas?
MarilynRD
p.s. I love the newsgroup! THANKS to all who post.

Millet it could be - possibly from bird food?

Marilyn[_2_] 15-09-2008 09:50 PM

Indentification ??

As a matter of fact we do have bird feeders close by! hummmm
But, there are only two and it looks like they are spaced perfectly for the
area, and we are the only ones who lived here.

I am now keeping a photo diary of my yard....and will post another picture
when they are more mature.

thanks again

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Hello Marilyn, Nice to hear from you. My guess is Kaffircorn, not sure
of the botanical name or
perhaps Millet?
Cheers Wendy
. ..