Old 13-09-2008, 02:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Indentification ??

Hi
This is growing in my garden now and I have no idea what it is? I guess I
planted it last year....any ideas?
MarilynRD
p.s. I love the newsgroup! THANKS to all who post.

Attached Thumbnails
Indentification ??-028_2.jpg
Old 13-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn[_2_] View Post
Hi
This is growing in my garden now and I have no idea what it is? I guess I
planted it last year....any ideas?
MarilynRD
p.s. I love the newsgroup! THANKS to all who post.

Looks very like Zea mays [Sweetcorn/Maize]

http://caliban.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/~st...ehler/MAIS.jpg
Old 13-09-2008, 04:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Hello Marilyn, Nice to hear from you. My guess is Kaffircorn, not sure of
the botanical name or
perhaps Millet?
Cheers Wendy
. ..

Old 13-09-2008, 10:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Marilyn" ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..
Hi
This is growing in my garden now and I have no idea what it is? I guess I
planted it last year....any ideas?
MarilynRD
p.s. I love the newsgroup! THANKS to all who post.

Sorghum (maybe) bicolor v. sudanense

Saluti,
Teofrasto

Old 14-09-2008, 02:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Hello Marilyn, Nice to hear from you. My guess is Kaffircorn, not sure
of the botanical name or
perhaps Millet?
Cheers Wendy
"Marilyn" wrote in message
. ..
Hi
This is growing in my garden now and I have no idea what it is? I
guess I
planted it last year....any ideas?
MarilynRD
p.s. I love the newsgroup! THANKS to all who post.

Do you have bird feeders in the area? Looks like millet to me.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington
Old 14-09-2008, 03:25 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy7 View Post
Hello Marilyn, Nice to hear from you. My guess is Kaffircorn, not sure of
the botanical name or
perhaps Millet?
Cheers Wendy
"Marilyn" wrote in message
. ..
Hi
This is growing in my garden now and I have no idea what it is? I guess I
planted it last year....any ideas?
MarilynRD
p.s. I love the newsgroup! THANKS to all who post.
Millet it could be - possibly from bird food?
Old 15-09-2008, 09:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

As a matter of fact we do have bird feeders close by! hummmm
But, there are only two and it looks like they are spaced perfectly for the
area, and we are the only ones who lived here.

I am now keeping a photo diary of my yard....and will post another picture
when they are more mature.

thanks again

news

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Hello Marilyn, Nice to hear from you. My guess is Kaffircorn, not sure
of the botanical name or
perhaps Millet?
Cheers Wendy
. ..