GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   1946 Adam the Gardener September week 3 page 2 S_edge (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/178621-1946-adam-gardener-september-week-3-page-2-s_edge.html)

swordedge[_2_] 15-09-2008 06:19 PM

1946 Adam the Gardener September week 3 page 2 S_edge

1 Attachment(s)

Mary Fisher 15-09-2008 07:45 PM

1946 Adam the Gardener September week 3 page 2 S_edge

"swordedge" wrote in message

I've cut beetroot leaves off rather than twist them. Yes, the stumps 'bleed'
but it makes no difference to the beet itself.

When I buy (my beetroot is rubbish this year, so far even though a daughter
had an enormous one) beetroot with leaves (I don't buy them unless they have
good leaves on them) I cut the leaves into about 1 cm - 1/2" - lengths, cook
them gently with onion and liquidise them.

SOUP!

Excellent (with seasoning) and crème fraiche, cream, yogurt, whatever.

Mary

swordedge[_2_] 16-09-2008 05:40 AM

1946 Adam the Gardener September week 3 page 2 S_edge

This twisting off of the leaves is only needed when putting the beetroot
into store, not for preparation for eating.
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Mary Fisher 16-09-2008 09:42 AM

"swordedge" wrote in message
This twisting off of the leaves is only needed when putting the beetroot
into store, not for preparation for eating.

Hmnm - but the cut - or twisted - ends dry out, I've never known them bleed.

Mary