GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fall is in the Air. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/179076-fall-air.html)

Bob Williams[_3_] 10-10-2008 08:24 AM

Fall is in the Air.

1 Attachment(s)
We don't get many "Leaf Peepers" visiting San Diego but some of our
trees do present a riot of color in the fall.
I rescued this specimen from the middle of a busy street and took it
home to enjoy it for a few more days and archive its colors for years to
come........Beauty is where you find it
I think it is a Sycamore Leaf but I wouldn't swear to it.
Bob Williams

Omelet[_4_] 10-10-2008 03:55 PM

Fall is in the Air.

In article ,
Bob Williams wrote:

We don't get many "Leaf Peepers" visiting San Diego but some of our
trees do present a riot of color in the fall.
I rescued this specimen from the middle of a busy street and took it
home to enjoy it for a few more days and archive its colors for years to
come........Beauty is where you find it
I think it is a Sycamore Leaf but I wouldn't swear to it.
Bob Williams
[Image]

You did good. That's a keeper. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein

Garrapata 10-10-2008 08:19 PM

Fall is in the Air.

................I think it is a Sycamore Leaf but I wouldn't swear to it.
Bob Williams

Liquidambar, Sweet Gum. There are some showy cultivars. These are very
common in central California

--
Prunedale California
Prunetuckey-By-The-Slough

Bob Williams[_3_] 11-10-2008 12:11 AM

Fall is in the Air.

Garrapata wrote:
................I think it is a Sycamore Leaf but I wouldn't swear to it.
Bob Williams

Liquidambar, Sweet Gum. There are some showy cultivars. These are very
common in central California

Right you are......Thanks
I was a little suspicious of the Sycamore ID because the leaves were not
quite so large as Sycamore leaves I had seen when living in Louisiana.
Neither were the little balls.
But I figured perhaps the California varieties were just a little
different than the Louisiana varieties.
Bob

Bob Williams[_3_] 11-10-2008 12:13 AM

Fall is in the Air.

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
Bob Williams wrote:

We don't get many "Leaf Peepers" visiting San Diego but some of our
trees do present a riot of color in the fall.
I rescued this specimen from the middle of a busy street and took it
home to enjoy it for a few more days and archive its colors for years to
come........Beauty is where you find it
I think it is a Sycamore Leaf but I wouldn't swear to it.
Bob Williams
[Image]

You did good. That's a keeper. :-)

Thanks Omelet.