Old 10-10-2008, 08:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Fall is in the Air.

We don't get many "Leaf Peepers" visiting San Diego but some of our
trees do present a riot of color in the fall.
I rescued this specimen from the middle of a busy street and took it
home to enjoy it for a few more days and archive its colors for years to
come........Beauty is where you find it
I think it is a Sycamore Leaf but I wouldn't swear to it.
Bob Williams

Attached Thumbnails
Fall is in the Air.-leaf-6e2m.jpg
Old 10-10-2008, 03:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
Bob Williams wrote:

We don't get many "Leaf Peepers" visiting San Diego but some of our
trees do present a riot of color in the fall.
I rescued this specimen from the middle of a busy street and took it
home to enjoy it for a few more days and archive its colors for years to
come........Beauty is where you find it
I think it is a Sycamore Leaf but I wouldn't swear to it.
Bob Williams
[Image]

You did good. That's a keeper. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Old 10-10-2008, 08:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

................I think it is a Sycamore Leaf but I wouldn't swear to it.
Bob Williams

Liquidambar, Sweet Gum. There are some showy cultivars. These are very
common in central California

--
Prunedale California
Prunetuckey-By-The-Slough
Old 11-10-2008, 12:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Garrapata wrote:
................I think it is a Sycamore Leaf but I wouldn't swear to it.
Bob Williams

Liquidambar, Sweet Gum. There are some showy cultivars. These are very
common in central California

Right you are......Thanks
I was a little suspicious of the Sycamore ID because the leaves were not
quite so large as Sycamore leaves I had seen when living in Louisiana.
Neither were the little balls.
But I figured perhaps the California varieties were just a little
different than the Louisiana varieties.
Bob