GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Double Bird of Paradise (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/182158-double-bird-paradise.html)

Bob Williams[_3_] 30-03-2009 10:07 PM

Double Bird of Paradise

1 Attachment(s)
When I lived in Houston TX, a "Bird" was a very rare view, indeed.
When I moved to Southern California, I discovered that Birds of Paradise
were everywhere. They are prolific and require practically no care.
I have about 15 plants planted along my fence line. The older plants
often produce doubles like the attached image. I still think that they
look majestic in their bright red, orange, blue and green plumage.
Bob Williams

Maroochy 31-03-2009 02:19 AM

Double Bird of Paradise

Bob Williams wrote:
When I lived in Houston TX, a "Bird" was a very rare view, indeed.
When I moved to Southern California, I discovered that Birds of
Paradise were everywhere. They are prolific and require practically
no care.
I have about 15 plants planted along my fence line. The older plants
often produce doubles like the attached image. I still think that they
look majestic in their bright red, orange, blue and green plumage.
Bob Williams

Superb image. They grow like weeds here too.

Bob Williams[_3_] 31-03-2009 08:36 AM

Double Bird of Paradise

Maroochy wrote:
Bob Williams wrote:
When I lived in Houston TX, a "Bird" was a very rare view, indeed.
When I moved to Southern California, I discovered that Birds of
Paradise were everywhere. They are prolific and require practically
no care.
I have about 15 plants planted along my fence line. The older plants
often produce doubles like the attached image. I still think that they
look majestic in their bright red, orange, blue and green plumage.
Bob Williams

Superb image. They grow like weeds here too.

Thank you, Barbara.
Local Birds are in full bloom now and will stay that way for several
more months.
Bob

Bob Williams[_3_] 31-03-2009 08:39 AM

Double Bird of Paradise

Basketweaver wrote:
Striking photo, Bob.

"Bob Williams" wrote in message
When I lived in Houston TX, a "Bird" was a very rare view, indeed.
When I moved to Southern California, I discovered that Birds of Paradise
were everywhere. They are prolific and require practically no care.
I have about 15 plants planted along my fence line. The older plants
often produce doubles like the attached image. I still think that they
look majestic in their bright red, orange, blue and green plumage.
Bob Williams

Thanks BW.
I think the black background makes the Bird's plumage "POP".
Bob