GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Another ID plz (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/184394-another-id-plz.html)

wendy7 03-06-2009 02:20 AM

Another ID plz

1 Attachment(s)
I have a few of these & have no idea what it is?
Cheers Wendy

Garrapata 03-06-2009 10:34 PM

Another ID plz

I have a few of these & have no idea what it is?
Cheers Wendy

Haworthia reinwardii
--

09=ix

wendy7 04-06-2009 04:03 PM

Another ID plz

Damn you're good!!!!! Thanks Em, & upon further research, a syn. is
coarctata.
Nice to hear from you.
Cheers Wendy

Garrapata 05-06-2009 04:47 AM

Another ID plz

1 Attachment(s)
Damn you're good!!!!! Thanks Em, & upon further research, a syn. is
coarctata.

There could be a good reason to change the name but I think I will still
call it H. reinwardii until I can do more research. A quick search shows
reinwardii was published in 1829 and the earliest coarctata I found was
1937 and there are more pictures of reinwardii than coarctata in google
pictures.

There are several forms, the one I have is squatter with shorter leaves
This one is just recovering from a colder winter than it likes. It got
down to the mid 20's f and killed or damaged several succulents that I
didn't protect in time.
--

09=ix

wendy7 05-06-2009 06:38 PM

Another ID plz

Thanks again & will post more to ID as I am trying to tag my collection.
I love the pots in your picture, are they hand made?
Cheers Wendy

Garrapata 06-06-2009 05:02 AM

Another ID plz

I love the pots in your picture, are they hand made?

Yes my wife makes them at an adult pottery class
--

09=ix

wendy7 06-06-2009 03:25 PM

Another ID plz

Kudos to her, such talent. You know, I have been calling you Em for
'Mariana', thinking you were
her. Sorry for the mistake.
Cheers Wendy