Old 03-06-2009, 02:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Another ID plz

I have a few of these & have no idea what it is?
Cheers Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
Another ID plz-60-dsc02863.jpg
Old 03-06-2009, 10:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I have a few of these & have no idea what it is?
Cheers Wendy

Haworthia reinwardii
--

09=ix
Old 04-06-2009, 04:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Damn you're good!!!!! Thanks Em, & upon further research, a syn. is
coarctata.
Nice to hear from you.
Cheers Wendy

Old 05-06-2009, 04:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Damn you're good!!!!! Thanks Em, & upon further research, a syn. is
coarctata.

There could be a good reason to change the name but I think I will still
call it H. reinwardii until I can do more research. A quick search shows
reinwardii was published in 1829 and the earliest coarctata I found was
1937 and there are more pictures of reinwardii than coarctata in google
pictures.

There are several forms, the one I have is squatter with shorter leaves
This one is just recovering from a colder winter than it likes. It got
down to the mid 20's f and killed or damaged several succulents that I
didn't protect in time.
--

09=ix

Attached Thumbnails
Another ID plz-h_rein001.jpg

Old 06-06-2009, 05:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I love the pots in your picture, are they hand made?

Yes my wife makes them at an adult pottery class
--

09=ix
Old 06-06-2009, 03:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Kudos to her, such talent. You know, I have been calling you Em for
'Mariana', thinking you were
her. Sorry for the mistake.
Cheers Wendy