GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First baby hummingbird hatched today (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/190456-first-baby-hummingbird-hatched-today.html)

Paddy's Pig[_3_] 28-03-2010 12:20 AM

First baby hummingbird hatched today

1 Attachment(s)
After an absolutely terrible day, weather-wise, we're blessed with this!
:o)

I wasn't sure she'd make it but the winds have died down now and it looks
like they'll be gone tomorrow. The worst is over.
--
Pat Durkin

wendy7 28-03-2010 02:37 AM

First baby hummingbird hatched today

Congrats Pat and happy birthday little hummer. The second egg will hatch
in a day or two. Take notes, mine fledged after 21 & 23 days,
amazing how fast they grow.
Also notice how tidy the nest is. There are bugs weaved into the nest for
quick
food & the rim of the nest will get really messy so watch your lens!
The Mom is quite clever as she will clean up as they grow bigger & the
nest widens to
accommodate them.
Looking forward to more photos.
Cheers Wendy