Old 15-08-2010, 08:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Two Roma with love.

My wife maintains a small compost pile with which she periodically
enriches her potted plants.
Growing on the fringes of the compost pile were several Tomato plants.
One was a Roma and the other was a Beefsteak.
They were beautiful and showed no signs of caterpillar damage.....which
is more than I can say for my deliberately grown and cultured tomatoes.

By the time you see these pics, I will have lightly salted these
beauties and eaten them........Yummmmmmm!
BTW, don't bother trying one of those Topsy Turvy tomato planters.
They don't work well at all and are WAAAAYYYYY more trouble than they
are worth.
Bob Williams

Old 15-08-2010, 09:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 12:16:27 -0700, bobwilliams
wrote:

My wife maintains a small compost pile with which she periodically
enriches her potted plants.
Growing on the fringes of the compost pile were several Tomato plants.
One was a Roma and the other was a Beefsteak.
They were beautiful and showed no signs of caterpillar damage.....which
is more than I can say for my deliberately grown and cultured tomatoes.

By the time you see these pics, I will have lightly salted these
beauties and eaten them........Yummmmmmm!
BTW, don't bother trying one of those Topsy Turvy tomato planters.
They don't work well at all and are WAAAAYYYYY more trouble than they
are worth.
Bob Williams

I love a good tomato. I get Jersey tomatoes, from wholefoods. They are
locally grown and so good with my gluten free dinner rolls with
rosemary and sea salt, and some Tuscan white bean dip. Now I have to
go a half block to wholefoods and get some more of that wonderful bean
dip from the dairy section.
Old 15-08-2010, 11:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

My wife maintains a small compost pile with which she periodically
enriches her potted plants.
Growing on the fringes of the compost pile were several Tomato plants.
One was a Roma and the other was a Beefsteak.
They were beautiful and showed no signs of caterpillar damage.....which
is more than I can say for my deliberately grown and cultured tomatoes.

By the time you see these pics, I will have lightly salted these
beauties and eaten them........Yummmmmmm!
BTW, don't bother trying one of those Topsy Turvy tomato planters.
They don't work well at all and are WAAAAYYYYY more trouble than they
are worth.
Bob Williams

Nice looking.

I'm trying the topsy turvy tomato thing. The problem I have with
tomatoes in the ground is my Bermuda Grass gets all through them and I
can't sort it out.

I wasn't getting any fruit set with just one tomato [plant, since I
added a second I am seeing a good number of new tomatoes. Nothing
compared to what real gardeners get, but a few anyway.
Old 16-08-2010, 07:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

[...]

Hmmmm! Tuscan White Bean Dip.....Sounds Yummy.
I'll have to try that on my next batch of home grown tomatoes.
Bob
Old 16-08-2010, 08:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

[...]

One serious problem with the T-T planter is that the plant wants to turn
right-side up so the TOP side of the leaves receive direct sunlite.
So the plant spends a lot of time trying to right itself. This stunts
its growth and in general makes for a less robust plant.
"It's not nice to try to fool mother nature."
Bob

Old 17-08-2010, 05:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

[...]

I'm messing with Mother Nature by just trying to grow tomatoes here.
she would be growing weeds. Well, I am doing that also, so maybe I'm
not doing so bad.

:-)

Old 17-08-2010, 06:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

[...]

Hee, Hee, Hee!
Good Luck.
Bob

[IMG] code is On

Roma tomatoes have brown bits inside Michael Edible Gardening 3 17-07-2004 05:02 PM
Roma Tomato Question The Ranger Edible Gardening 5 09-08-2003 07:32 PM
Anybody growing Bella'Roma?--Nobody is? A guy named Emil Roses 1 01-02-2003 07:19 AM
Anybody growing Bella'Roma? Emil Roses 3 31-01-2003 04:14 PM
Anybody growing Bella'Roma? A guy named Emil Roses 0 29-01-2003 12:22 AM