GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   There's something rather sinister about this plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/193328-theres-something-rather-sinister-about-plant.html)

thornyrose 20-08-2010 09:44 PM

There's something rather sinister about this plant

1 Attachment(s)
I keep wanting to get rid of this plant, but when I see its blooms, I rather like it. It is invasive, but again I have no idea what it is. It reminds me of something rather sinister, like death. I like lilies, but again I equate them with funerals. So many brides have them as wedding bouquets. It's the same with yellow chrysanthemums - in France you have them at a funeral.

Sambo 20-08-2010 10:20 PM

Leycesteria formosa (Pheasant Berry). Does seed around a bit...tropical looking. I love lilies...Kurt Cobain RIP lol! Who cares what they are associated with, they are just plants.

thornyrose 20-08-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo (Post 897991)
Leycesteria formosa (Pheasant Berry). Does seed around a bit...tropical looking. I love lilies...Kurt Cobain RIP lol! Who cares what they are associated with, they are just plants.

Thx so much for the quick reply. Yes, I have to agree with you, appreciate the plant and not what connotations society has come up with. I have lilies in the hall and kitchen at the moment and the fragrance they exude permeates through the house - wonderful.