Old 20-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Registered User

Default There's something rather sinister about this plant

I keep wanting to get rid of this plant, but when I see its blooms, I rather like it. It is invasive, but again I have no idea what it is. It reminds me of something rather sinister, like death. I like lilies, but again I equate them with funerals. So many brides have them as wedding bouquets. It's the same with yellow chrysanthemums - in France you have them at a funeral.
Attached Thumbnails
There's something rather sinister about this plant-p1050733-600x800.jpg
Old 20-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Registered User

Leycesteria formosa (Pheasant Berry). Does seed around a bit...tropical looking. I love lilies...Kurt Cobain RIP lol! Who cares what they are associated with, they are just plants.
Old 20-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
Leycesteria formosa (Pheasant Berry). Does seed around a bit...tropical looking. I love lilies...Kurt Cobain RIP lol! Who cares what they are associated with, they are just plants.
Thx so much for the quick reply. Yes, I have to agree with you, appreciate the plant and not what connotations society has come up with. I have lilies in the hall and kitchen at the moment and the fragrance they exude permeates through the house - wonderful.