GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Young male Ana's Hummer at feeder (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/193726-young-male-anas-hummer-feeder.html)

Paddy's Pig[_5_] 15-09-2010 04:45 AM

Young male Ana's Hummer at feeder

1 Attachment(s)

bobwilliams 18-09-2010 07:10 AM

Young male Ana's Hummer at feeder

Outstanding Capture!
The Yellow iridescence really comes thru nicely.
Not an easy task to accomplish.
Bob Williams

Paddy's Pig[_5_] 18-09-2010 09:40 AM

"bobwilliams" wrote in message
Outstanding Capture!
The Yellow iridescence really comes thru nicely.
Not an easy task to accomplish.

Thanks Bob. I agree it was good and sharp but I sure wish I could have
brought out the color on his throat. With hummers that has everything to do
with the type of lighting and angles of reflectance, etc. I was using one
camera mounted speedlight so the light was going straight from the camera to
the bird and then back again. That's the wrong way to do it. Straight
sunlight alone, or multiple flash mounted off-camera would have been better.
--
Pat Durkin