Old 15-09-2010, 04:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Young male Ana's Hummer at feeder

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Young male Ana's Hummer at feeder.jpg (201.8 KB, 93 views)
Old 18-09-2010, 07:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Outstanding Capture!
The Yellow iridescence really comes thru nicely.
Not an easy task to accomplish.
Bob Williams

Old 18-09-2010, 09:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"bobwilliams" wrote in message
news
Outstanding Capture!
The Yellow iridescence really comes thru nicely.
Not an easy task to accomplish.

Thanks Bob. I agree it was good and sharp but I sure wish I could have
brought out the color on his throat. With hummers that has everything to do
with the type of lighting and angles of reflectance, etc. I was using one
camera mounted speedlight so the light was going straight from the camera to
the bird and then back again. That's the wrong way to do it. Straight
sunlight alone, or multiple flash mounted off-camera would have been better.
--
Pat Durkin