GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I D Please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/194730-i-d-please.html)

Nana.Wilson 20-09-2010 06:12 PM

I D Please

1 Attachment(s)
Does any one know what this is?

TIA,
Nana

Wolf K[_2_] 21-09-2010 07:52 PM

I D Please

On 20/09/2010 13:12, Nana.Wilson wrote:
Does any one know what this is?

TIA,
Nana

Would help if you showed leaves, and flower.

wolf k.

Garrapata 21-09-2010 09:26 PM

I D Please

"Nana.Wilson" wrote:

Does any one know what this is?

TIA,
Nana

Perhaps something in the Grape Family?
Leaves, an overall view and a location would help.
--

09=IX

Nana.Wilson 21-09-2010 10:47 PM

I D Please

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another pic.

Nana.Wilson 21-09-2010 10:49 PM

I D Please

Sorry forgot to say it was in The Smokies In N.C.

Nana

joevan[_3_] 21-09-2010 11:28 PM

I D Please

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 17:49:08 -0400, "Nana.Wilson"
wrote:

Sorry forgot to say it was in The Smokies In N.C.

Nana

"Nana.Wilson" wrote in message
Here's another pic.
"Nana.Wilson" wrote in message
Does any one know what this is?

TIA,
Nana

Still not very clear as to type of bush or foliage. Almost reminds me
of poke berries but no way to tell from what you posted.

Nana.Wilson 21-09-2010 11:53 PM

I D Please

Thanks Joevan. I took the pic through the sun roof of the car. They are
either poke berries or elder berries.

Nana

rkvr 22-09-2010 01:36 AM

I D Please

In article ,
Wolf K wrote:

On 20/09/2010 13:12, Nana.Wilson wrote:
Does any one know what this is?

TIA,
Nana

Would help if you showed leaves, and flower.

wolf k.

Hello,

Can I suggest what I tought first: Ribes nigrum, or Blackcurrant (in
french: Cassis)? But with the photo, I do not know if it is a shrub.

rkvr

Wendy7 22-09-2010 02:50 AM

I D Please

Nana, if you go to "google" & click on "images" then type in poke & or elder
berries,
you will see bunches of them. Then you can decide & do let us know.
Cheers Wendy

Garrapata 22-09-2010 03:05 AM

I D Please

"Nana.Wilson" wrote:

Here's another pic.
"Nana.Wilson" wrote in message
Does any one know what this is?

TIA,
Nana

Elderberry, Sambucus sp
--

09=IX

Wolf K[_2_] 22-09-2010 04:01 AM

I D Please

On 21/09/2010 22:05, Garrapata wrote:
wrote:

Here's another pic.
wrote in message
Does any one know what this is?

TIA,
Nana

Elderberry, Sambucus sp

I agree, the leaves are the clue that clinches it I think.

wolf k.

cebo 22-09-2010 02:23 PM

I D Please

In article ,
Garrapata wrote:

Elderberry, Sambucus sp

Garrapata hit it dead on, here a link:

http://www.vcbio.science.ru.nl/en/vi...s/cambiumcork/

Thanks Garrapata, Nana had me curious too!

Mad Cow 22-09-2010 10:45 PM

I D Please

In article , cebo
writes
In article ,
Garrapata wrote:

Elderberry, Sambucus sp

Garrapata hit it dead on, here a link:

http://www.vcbio.science.ru.nl/en/vi...s/cambiumcork/

Thanks Garrapata, Nana had me curious too!

Sorry but it's not elder. The shape of the umbels is entirely wrong for
elder, and elder doesn't have double umbels. It just doesn't LOOK like
elder, which is a common weed here.

It looks a bit like Aralia elata (a Japanese species which is hardy and
spreading in the northeast USA) or could it be Aralia spinosa which is
native to the southeast USA?

--
Sue ]:(:)

Garrapata 23-09-2010 03:59 AM

I D Please

Mad Cow wrote:

It looks a bit like Aralia elata (a Japanese species which is hardy and
spreading in the northeast USA) or could it be Aralia spinosa which is
native to the southeast USA?

I hadn't thought about Aralia because our native A. californica has
whitish berries But A. elata has dentate leaflets and the leaflets seem
to be entire, also I don't see any signs of spines in either picture
so I don't think it is A. spinosa.
I'd like to see better pictures.
It does appear to be Araleaceae.
--