GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pheasants back (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/197752-pheasants-back.html)

Willi 02-05-2011 11:45 PM

pheasants back

1 Attachment(s)
http://members.aon.at/supervague/ivi...quamosus-0.jpg

I found these in my garden on a walnut-tree (The piece of wood had
already broken off the tree). I didn't know them before. They're said to
be edible and I did. I cut one into slices and dried these in the oven.
During this procedure they smell like socks worn one month in summer. ;)
When they're thouroughly dry the smell isn't that intense anymore. I
tried bits of them as seasoning for soup. I was surprised. They give it
a really nice flavour. :)

joevan[_3_] 03-05-2011 12:00 AM

pheasants back

On Tue, 03 May 2011 00:45:42 +0200, Willi wrote:

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ivi...quamosus-0.jpg

I found these in my garden on a walnut-tree (The piece of wood had
already broken off the tree). I didn't know them before. They're said to
be edible and I did. I cut one into slices and dried these in the oven.
During this procedure they smell like socks worn one month in summer. ;)
When they're thouroughly dry the smell isn't that intense anymore. I
tried bits of them as seasoning for soup. I was surprised. They give it
a really nice flavour. :)

Nice to look at too. Thanks for the information.

Willi 03-05-2011 12:30 AM

pheasants back

Am 03.05.2011 01:00, schrieb joevan:
On Tue, 03 May 2011 00:45:42 +0200, wrote:

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ivi...quamosus-0.jpg

I found these in my garden on a walnut-tree (The piece of wood had
already broken off the tree). I didn't know them before. They're said to
be edible and I did. I cut one into slices and dried these in the oven.
During this procedure they smell like socks worn one month in summer. ;)
When they're thouroughly dry the smell isn't that intense anymore. I
tried bits of them as seasoning for soup. I was surprised. They give it
a really nice flavour. :)

Nice to look at too. Thanks for the information.

You're welcome.
Culinary experiments with mushrooms is a thing I normally don't make.
But I've read that one can hardly mistake them for other mushrooms and
the pictures I took looked so very like those in the internet, so I made
an exception.
G Willi