GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   unidentified fruit (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/199526-unidentified-fruit.html)

mebden 29-08-2011 02:45 PM

unidentified fruit

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

Apologies if this is a very basic question, but does anyone know what fruit this is, growing in an Oxfordshire garden? Its tree's leaves are pictured at right.

Thank you,

Mark

UA-Bros 25-10-2011 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mebden (Post 934494)
Hi,

Apologies if this is a very basic question, but does anyone know what fruit this is, growing in an Oxfordshire garden? Its tree's leaves are pictured at right.

Thank you,

Mark

I havent seen this yet. It looks like fruit from mars!

Very interesting.

echinosum 25-10-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mebden (Post 934494)
Apologies if this is a very basic question, but does anyone know what fruit this is, growing in an Oxfordshire garden? Its tree's leaves are pictured at right.

It is Chaenomeles japonica, popularly known as Japanese quince or Japonica. It is not the same as true quince, which grows on a tree that looks like a pear tree. But you can use it in the same way if you want to, though there is some disagreement over whether it is tasty or not - maybe it depends upon the variety, there are many varieties of C. japonica, or ripeness. The most popular suggestion seems to be including one chopped up in an apple pie, for example.

Suzie-Q[_3_] 25-10-2011 10:39 PM

Cactus collection need names

In article ,
UA-Bros wrote:

Hi all,
im new to the forum and its addictive!

Well i dont know if it is right place here to post this question
but i would really like the names of my cactuses so i know
them better.

'My cactus collection need names. - YouTube'
(http://tinyurl.com/3sopu2v)

This is the link there ar 9 of them.

Thanks alot, i hope if its not right place that Moderator will move it
to proper place.

Have a nice day!

You can also try news:rec.gardens .

8^)~~~~~~ Sue (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

http://suzie-q-wacvet.com/
http://intergnat.com/malebashing/

anniejones 16-11-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mebden (Post 934494)
Hi,

Apologies if this is a very basic question, but does anyone know what fruit this is, growing in an Oxfordshire garden? Its tree's leaves are pictured at right.

Thank you,

Mark

I have this also on my garden. I was searching if this fruit is edible or not.