Old 29-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Registered User

Location: Oxford, UK
Default unidentified fruit

Hi,

Apologies if this is a very basic question, but does anyone know what fruit this is, growing in an Oxfordshire garden? Its tree's leaves are pictured at right.

Thank you,

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
unidentified fruit-07-fruit-eynsham-aug-11.jpg
Old 25-10-2011, 06:13 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebden View Post
Hi,

Apologies if this is a very basic question, but does anyone know what fruit this is, growing in an Oxfordshire garden? Its tree's leaves are pictured at right.

Thank you,

Mark
I havent seen this yet. It looks like fruit from mars!

Very interesting.
Old 25-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebden View Post
Apologies if this is a very basic question, but does anyone know what fruit this is, growing in an Oxfordshire garden? Its tree's leaves are pictured at right.
It is Chaenomeles japonica, popularly known as Japanese quince or Japonica. It is not the same as true quince, which grows on a tree that looks like a pear tree. But you can use it in the same way if you want to, though there is some disagreement over whether it is tasty or not - maybe it depends upon the variety, there are many varieties of C. japonica, or ripeness. The most popular suggestion seems to be including one chopped up in an apple pie, for example.
Old 25-10-2011, 10:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Cactus collection need names

In article ,
UA-Bros wrote:

Hi all,
im new to the forum and its addictive!

Well i dont know if it is right place here to post this question
but i would really like the names of my cactuses so i know
them better.

'My cactus collection need names. - YouTube'
(http://tinyurl.com/3sopu2v)

This is the link there ar 9 of them.

Thanks alot, i hope if its not right place that Moderator will move it
to proper place.

Have a nice day!

You can also try news:rec.gardens .

8^)~~~~~~ Sue (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

http://suzie-q-wacvet.com/
http://intergnat.com/malebashing/
Old 16-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Registered User

Location: London, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebden View Post
Hi,

Apologies if this is a very basic question, but does anyone know what fruit this is, growing in an Oxfordshire garden? Its tree's leaves are pictured at right.

Thank you,

Mark

I have this also on my garden. I was searching if this fruit is edible or not.