GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First Tulip of the Season-7827 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/201484-first-tulip-season-7827-a.html)

Maroochy[_3_] 15-08-2011 12:26 PM

First Tulip of the Season-7827

1 Attachment(s)
I'm rather proud of this tulip, I live in a sub tropical climate and it's
not easy to get tulips to grow and flower, I have to put the bulbs in the
fridge for about 6 weeks, before planting them out. This is the first one to
bloom in my new garden.

Marsha[_2_] 15-08-2011 12:35 PM

First Tulip of the Season-7827

Barbara, a lovely photograph and proud you should be of having this bloom so
beautifully. I was stopped for minute when I read the first tulip of the
season and then I remembered you are just going into spring as we are facing
fall soon.

Marsha

Tim Conway 15-08-2011 01:10 PM

First Tulip of the Season-7827

"Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE wrote in message
I'm rather proud of this tulip, I live in a sub tropical climate and it's
not easy to get tulips to grow and flower, I have to put the bulbs in the
fridge for about 6 weeks, before planting them out. This is the first one
to bloom in my new garden.

Beautiful, it looks like a portrait.

joevan[_3_] 15-08-2011 04:42 PM

First Tulip of the Season-7827

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:26:51 +1000, "Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE
wrote:

I'm rather proud of this tulip, I live in a sub tropical climate and it's
not easy to get tulips to grow and flower, I have to put the bulbs in the
fridge for about 6 weeks, before planting them out. This is the first one to
bloom in my new garden.

It is a beauty. Congratulations on your cultivation.

f/22 15-08-2011 05:07 PM

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:26:51 +1000, Maroochy wrote:

I'm rather proud of this tulip, I live in a sub tropical climate and
it's not easy to get tulips to grow and flower, I have to put the bulbs
in the fridge for about 6 weeks, before planting them out. This is the
first one to bloom in my new garden.

Barbara,
A really nice image, and an additional amount of pride in your success.
Good going.
--f/22

Bob Hobden[_3_] 15-08-2011 05:16 PM

First Tulip of the Season-7827

"Maroochy" wrote ...

I'm rather proud of this tulip, I live in a sub tropical climate and it's
not easy to get tulips to grow and flower, I have to put the bulbs in the
fridge for about 6 weeks, before planting them out. This is the first one
to bloom in my new garden.

Isn't life strange, here's us trying to grow sub tropical plants like
Hedychiums and Bananas and you, in a sub tropical climate, are growing
tulips. Why do we make life so difficult for ourselves? Fun though.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
W.of London. UK

Maroochy[_3_] 15-08-2011 11:33 PM

Marsha wrote:
Barbara, a lovely photograph and proud you should be of having this
bloom so beautifully. I was stopped for minute when I read the first
tulip of the season and then I remembered you are just going into
spring as we are facing fall soon.

Thanks Marsha, it does sometimes stop you in your tracks, with the
differences. :-)

Maroochy[_3_] 15-08-2011 11:33 PM

Tim Conway wrote:
Beautiful, it looks like a portrait.

Thanks Tim.

Maroochy[_3_] 15-08-2011 11:33 PM

First Tulip of the Season-7827

Wolf K wrote:
;-)

Wolf K.

I did too. :-)

Maroochy[_3_] 15-08-2011 11:33 PM

Stinkweed wrote:
It is beautiful Barb, they look so pretty when in bloom.

Thanks Sharon, that they sure do.

Maroochy[_3_] 15-08-2011 11:34 PM

joevan wrote:
It is a beauty. Congratulations on your cultivation.

Thanks. :-)

Maroochy[_3_] 15-08-2011 11:57 PM

f/22 wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:26:51 +1000, Maroochy wrote:

I'm rather proud of this tulip, I live in a sub tropical climate and
it's not easy to get tulips to grow and flower, I have to put the
bulbs in the fridge for about 6 weeks, before planting them out.
This is the first one to bloom in my new garden.

Barbara,
A really nice image, and an additional amount of pride in your
success. Good going.

Thanks Bob, now the challenge is to get them to flower next year. :-)

Maroochy[_3_] 15-08-2011 11:58 PM

Bob Hobden wrote:

Isn't life strange, here's us trying to grow sub tropical plants like
Hedychiums and Bananas and you, in a sub tropical climate, are growing
tulips. Why do we make life so difficult for ourselves? Fun though.

I think it's the challenge. :-)