Old 15-08-2011, 12:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default First Tulip of the Season-7827

I'm rather proud of this tulip, I live in a sub tropical climate and it's
not easy to get tulips to grow and flower, I have to put the bulbs in the
fridge for about 6 weeks, before planting them out. This is the first one to
bloom in my new garden.

Attached Thumbnails
First Tulip of the Season-7827-c-7827-tulip-14-08-11-5d-400.jpg
Old 15-08-2011, 12:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Barbara, a lovely photograph and proud you should be of having this bloom so
beautifully. I was stopped for minute when I read the first tulip of the
season and then I remembered you are just going into spring as we are facing
fall soon.

Marsha

Old 15-08-2011, 01:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE wrote in message
I'm rather proud of this tulip, I live in a sub tropical climate and it's
not easy to get tulips to grow and flower, I have to put the bulbs in the
fridge for about 6 weeks, before planting them out. This is the first one
to bloom in my new garden.

Beautiful, it looks like a portrait.

Old 15-08-2011, 04:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:26:51 +1000, "Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE
wrote:

I'm rather proud of this tulip, I live in a sub tropical climate and it's
not easy to get tulips to grow and flower, I have to put the bulbs in the
fridge for about 6 weeks, before planting them out. This is the first one to
bloom in my new garden.

It is a beauty. Congratulations on your cultivation.
Old 15-08-2011, 05:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:26:51 +1000, Maroochy wrote:

I'm rather proud of this tulip, I live in a sub tropical climate and
it's not easy to get tulips to grow and flower, I have to put the bulbs
in the fridge for about 6 weeks, before planting them out. This is the
first one to bloom in my new garden.

Barbara,
A really nice image, and an additional amount of pride in your success.
Good going.
--f/22
Old 15-08-2011, 05:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Maroochy" wrote ...

I'm rather proud of this tulip, I live in a sub tropical climate and it's
not easy to get tulips to grow and flower, I have to put the bulbs in the
fridge for about 6 weeks, before planting them out. This is the first one
to bloom in my new garden.

Isn't life strange, here's us trying to grow sub tropical plants like
Hedychiums and Bananas and you, in a sub tropical climate, are growing
tulips. Why do we make life so difficult for ourselves? Fun though.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
W.of London. UK

Old 15-08-2011, 11:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Marsha wrote:
Barbara, a lovely photograph and proud you should be of having this
bloom so beautifully. I was stopped for minute when I read the first
tulip of the season and then I remembered you are just going into
spring as we are facing fall soon.

Thanks Marsha, it does sometimes stop you in your tracks, with the
differences. :-)

Old 15-08-2011, 11:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Tim Conway wrote:
Beautiful, it looks like a portrait.

Thanks Tim.

Old 15-08-2011, 11:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wolf K wrote:
;-)

Wolf K.

I did too. :-)

Old 15-08-2011, 11:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Stinkweed wrote:
It is beautiful Barb, they look so pretty when in bloom.

Thanks Sharon, that they sure do.

Old 15-08-2011, 11:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

joevan wrote:
It is a beauty. Congratulations on your cultivation.

Thanks. :-)

Old 15-08-2011, 11:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

f/22 wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:26:51 +1000, Maroochy wrote:

I'm rather proud of this tulip, I live in a sub tropical climate and
it's not easy to get tulips to grow and flower, I have to put the
bulbs in the fridge for about 6 weeks, before planting them out.
This is the first one to bloom in my new garden.

Barbara,
A really nice image, and an additional amount of pride in your
success. Good going.

Thanks Bob, now the challenge is to get them to flower next year. :-)

Old 15-08-2011, 11:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Bob Hobden wrote:

Isn't life strange, here's us trying to grow sub tropical plants like
Hedychiums and Bananas and you, in a sub tropical climate, are growing
tulips. Why do we make life so difficult for ourselves? Fun though.

I think it's the challenge. :-)

[IMG] code is On

First little daffs of the season - first.jpg Ann Garden Photos 1 03-04-2008 02:27 AM
First frog of the season Bonnie Ponds 14 30-03-2004 11:36 PM
First Tomato 'O The Season Contest Rules? Fleemo Gardening 5 18-03-2003 06:56 PM
First Tomato 'O The Season Contest Rules? Fleemo Gardening 0 17-03-2003 10:42 PM
[IBC] first collected tree of the season Craig Cowing Bonsai 2 16-03-2003 09:56 PM