Old 16-08-2011, 02:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default *** Where is a safe site where any girl and boy can store andorganize photos? ***

On 15/08/2011 2:41 PM, rm2dance wrote:
*** Where is a safe site where any girl and boy can store and organize
photos? ***

[...]

The hard disk on your computer, or else a USB memory stick. Just make
sure that whatever computer the USB stick is plugged into will scan it
for viruses/malware first. And they should have two sticks, one for back
up. Really. ;-) FWIW, 4GB sticks are available for $10 or less, and that
will store a lot of images.

I don't trust _any_ off-site storage "out there", for many reasons, some
of which you've mentioned.

Unsolicited but related advice:
If you haven't already done so, buy an external drive, and set your
computer to back up all data to it at regular intervals. I would also
advise you strongly to avoid Windows "My Whatever" folders, and set up
your own. These are the ones that should be backed up. All applications
can be set to use whatever folder(s) you designate. Current sale prices
here in Canada are under $90 for 500GB.

If you are really paranoid about data loss (I am, I admit it! ;-)) set
up a network-attached-storage system. This will enable you to back-up
all data from all computers on your home network.

HTH
Wolf K.