GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New House, new garden- (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/201586-new-house-new-garden.html)

Maroochy[_3_] 21-11-2011 02:31 AM

New House, new garden-

1 Attachment(s)
Well part there of.
Preparing for our retirement next year, we've this past year, been very busy
with building a new house on 3 acres of land.
Now the house is finished we can get on with the gardens, no easy feat as
the area around the house is hard clay, plus the house is an hour's drive
away so we mostly only get up there on the weekends, so it's been a slow
process. I have a lot of hard work to do over the next few years. :-)

Suzie-Q[_3_] 21-11-2011 01:23 PM

New House, new garden-

In article ,
"Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE wrote:

Well part there of.
Preparing for our retirement next year, we've this past year, been very busy
with building a new house on 3 acres of land.
Now the house is finished we can get on with the gardens, no easy feat as
the area around the house is hard clay, plus the house is an hour's drive
away so we mostly only get up there on the weekends, so it's been a slow
process. I have a lot of hard work to do over the next few years. :-)

It's beautiful!

8^)~~~~~~ Sue (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

http://suzie-q-wacvet.com/
http://intergnat.com/malebashing/

cebo 21-11-2011 02:39 PM

New House, new garden-

In article ,
"Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE wrote:

Well part there of.
Preparing for our retirement next year, we've this past year, been very busy
with building a new house on 3 acres of land.
Now the house is finished we can get on with the gardens, no easy feat as
the area around the house is hard clay, plus the house is an hour's drive
away so we mostly only get up there on the weekends, so it's been a slow
process. I have a lot of hard work to do over the next few years. :-)

begin 666 c-5387-9-yabba-20-11-11-40-40.jpg

Looks wonderful Barb, when does the group get the invite?

Maroochy[_3_] 21-11-2011 11:36 PM

New House, new garden-

3Putt in Coastal SC wrote:
Hope you have a guest quarters......

We have a room that has "reserved for Jerry and Pam" on the door. ;-)

Maroochy[_3_] 21-11-2011 11:36 PM

New House, new garden-

Suzie-Q wrote:
It's beautiful!

Thanks, it's been 12 months of angst and now lots of hard work to get
gardens going. :-)

Maroochy[_3_] 21-11-2011 11:38 PM

New House, new garden- - Windsong.jpg

Sj wrote:
This is the house we built on Topsail Island, NC, once
our kids were off to college ... took us 9 months to build,
in a tract of maritime oaks, 500' in from the ocean, 2nd
row, so felt relatively safe from hurricanes ... lived there
20 glorious years before we moved to get closer to
medical facilities ...

Am in contact w/ the people who bought & live there
now .. have seen pics of both the outside & inside &
am very happy to see the excellent care being given
to the house we built :)

Our garden consisted of a very large gardenia plant we
brought down from upstate NY (which flourished!) &
some flowers & veget/herbs such as marigolds, zinnias,
tomatoes, parsley, chives. basil, marjoram ...

I think I've seen this before.
Do I detect a certain amount of wistfulness that you left Topsail Island?
You seem to mention that you once lived there quite alot.

Maroochy[_3_] 21-11-2011 11:39 PM

New House, new garden-

cebo wrote:

Looks wonderful Barb, when does the group get the invite?

Thanks, there's an open invitation to all. :-)

Bob Hobden[_3_] 22-11-2011 08:39 AM

New House, new garden-

"Maroochy" wrote ...

Well part there of.
Preparing for our retirement next year, we've this past year, been very
busy with building a new house on 3 acres of land.
Now the house is finished we can get on with the gardens, no easy feat as
the area around the house is hard clay, plus the house is an hour's drive
away so we mostly only get up there on the weekends, so it's been a slow
process. I have a lot of hard work to do over the next few years. :-)

That house reminds me so much of trips to your Country outside the main
towns, it can only be in Oz. Thank you for sharing.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Maroochy[_3_] 22-11-2011 11:19 PM

New House, new garden-

Bob Hobden wrote:
That house reminds me so much of trips to your Country outside the
main towns, it can only be in Oz. Thank you for sharing.

No worries, our house is a long way outside a main town. :-)
The closest reasonably large town is a good 1/2 hour's drive away.

Suzie-Q[_3_] 23-11-2011 12:57 AM

New House, new garden-

In article ,

Suzie-Q wrote:
It's beautiful!

Thanks, it's been 12 months of angst and now lots of hard work to get
gardens going. :-)

Well worth it.

8^)~~~~~~ Sue (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

joevan[_3_] 23-11-2011 01:39 PM

New House, new garden-

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 09:19:29 +1000, "Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE
wrote:

Bob Hobden wrote:
That house reminds me so much of trips to your Country outside the
main towns, it can only be in Oz. Thank you for sharing.

No worries, our house is a long way outside a main town. :-)
The closest reasonably large town is a good 1/2 hour's drive away.

A half hour in same places is 10 miles. Maybe the speed might be
included or a mileage distance.

Mad Cow 23-11-2011 10:51 PM

New House, new garden-

In article , Maroochy
writes
Well part there of.
Preparing for our retirement next year, we've this past year, been very busy
with building a new house on 3 acres of land.
Now the house is finished we can get on with the gardens, no easy feat as
the area around the house is hard clay, plus the house is an hour's drive
away so we mostly only get up there on the weekends, so it's been a slow
process. I have a lot of hard work to do over the next few years. :-)

[ A UUEncoded file (c-5387-9-yabba-20-11-11-40-40.jpg) was included here. ]

Post more pictures now and then so we can watch it grow!
--
Sue ]:(:)

Maroochy[_3_] 24-11-2011 12:52 AM

New House, new garden-

In article ,

Suzie-Q wrote:
It's beautiful!

Thanks, it's been 12 months of angst and now lots of hard work to get
gardens going. :-)

Well worth it.

I hope it will, I just wish could be living there right now.

Maroochy[_3_] 24-11-2011 12:54 AM

New House, new garden-

wrote:

Bob Hobden wrote:
That house reminds me so much of trips to your Country outside the
main towns, it can only be in Oz. Thank you for sharing.

No worries, our house is a long way outside a main town. :-)
The closest reasonably large town is a good 1/2 hour's drive away.

A half hour in same places is 10 miles. Maybe the speed might be
included or a mileage distance.

It's about 40 km. (about 24 miles)