Old 04-06-2012, 03:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Poast Herbicide and Day Lilies

I have issues with grass in old day lily and iris plantings.

I have been told that Poast is safe for both. Does anyone have
experience with Poast and either flower?

I am willing to pull weed, but the grass I can't handle by hand.
Bob in KY

Old 04-06-2012, 04:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Iiii Poast Herbicide and Day Lilies

I have issues with grass in old day lily and iris plantings.

I have been told that Poast is safe for both. Does anyone have
experience with Poast and either flower?

I am willing to pull weed, but the grass I can't handle by hand.
Bob in KY

It'a been years but I think there are issues with Poast and monocots
google for full or expanded label

You might get more answers at the non-binary rec.gardens

Also I don't remember that poast was terribly effective on grasses
either. It may be time to lift the plants, clean out the grass, divide
and replant.
--
Monterey, California USA
USDA Zone 9
Old 07-06-2012, 02:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

you could use a glyphosate based weed killer BUT NOT AS A SPRAY brush it on
to the leaves of the grass with a kids paint brush, this will kill the weeds
and grass and there roots so don't get any on the plants as it will kill
these off as well. brush it on on a nice warm day not just after rain or
just before rain, just a bit on a few leaves be careful not to let it drip
or run on to your plants should see the grass to die off in 1 to 2 weeks