GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New here. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/210936-new-here.html)

witch hazel 01-12-2014 12:33 AM

New here.

I am new here so trying to get used to it
I started my Horticultural career as an apprentice for the Parks Department of our local council, after leaving the Armed forces. I then went on to study at college and University Horticulture.
I love plants and the science of gardening. It is indeed a science, and been part of my life for over30 years.
I am hoping to meet nw people here who share my love for the never ending subject, we love.
Kindest Regards.
witch hazel.

Bob Hobden[_5_] 01-12-2014 07:13 AM

New here.

"witch hazel" wrote ...

I am new here so trying to get used to it
I started my Horticultural career as an apprentice for the Parks
Department of our local council, after leaving the Armed forces. I then
went on to study at college and University Horticulture.
I love plants and the science of gardening. It is indeed a science, and
been part of my life for over30 years.
I am hoping to meet nw people here who share my love for the never
ending subject, we love.

Welcome to this Newsgroup (on Usenet which predates the WWW and is one of
the oldest parts of the internet).

Just a word, whilst you have come here using a UK web site this is actually
an international Newsgroup (look newsgroup up on Wiki if you don't know) so
it's best to let everyone know where in the world you are posting from
especially if it's a gardening comment. (see my sig) or you could end up in
a row with others far away that do stuff differently.
You will find uk.rec.gardening better for UK based gardening comments.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.