GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   my little siamese triplet echinopsis-babies (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/217296-my-little-siamese-triplet-echinopsis-babies.html)

Willi_9 16-11-2020 06:35 AM

my little siamese triplet echinopsis-babies

1 Attachment(s)
photographic update 2020-11-15.

[email protected] 16-11-2020 03:01 PM

my little siamese triplet echinopsis-babies

On Mon, 16 Nov 2020 06:35:20 +0000, Willi_9
wrote:

photographic update 2020-11-15.

Very nice. I have a small collection of cacti and succulents.

Tampa Bob

Opinicus[_3_] 17-11-2020 03:52 AM

my little siamese triplet echinopsis-babies - bob's desert patch.jpg

1 Attachment(s)

wrote:
photographic update 2020-11-15.

Very nice. I have a small collection of cacti and succulents.
Tampa Bob

So have I. (See pic.) I finally got around to putting it together
about two weeks ago and I'm wondering how often I need to water it. It
gets plenty of daylight but not much direct sunlight.

--
Bob
St Francis would have done better to preach to the cats

[email protected] 17-11-2020 11:40 AM

my little siamese triplet echinopsis-babies - bob's desert patch.jpg

wrote:
photographic update 2020-11-15.

Very nice. I have a small collection of cacti and succulents.
Tampa Bob

So have I. (See pic.) I finally got around to putting it together
about two weeks ago and I'm wondering how often I need to water it. It
gets plenty of daylight but not much direct sunlight.

Never having been to your section of the world I do not know your
climate. You are on the cool and damp side?

I will try to remember to take a few pictures later today of mine.
Mine are in the full blazing Florida sun almost all day. Most of them
seldom ever get watered other than rain. Mostly neglected would be a
better description of how I care for them.

I had a golden barrel cactus for over thirty years that was
repotted three times in its life. Had the lawn sprinkler system redone
and the plant started getting water twice a week and I did not notice
it. Killed the plant and I still am upset about losing it two years
later.

Tampa Bob

Opinicus[_3_] 18-11-2020 05:00 AM

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 06:40:07 -0500, wrote:

I have a small collection of cacti and succulents.

So have I. (See pic.) I finally got around to putting it together
about two weeks ago and I'm wondering how often I need to water it. It
gets plenty of daylight but not much direct sunlight.

Never having been to your section of the world I do not know your
climate. You are on the cool and damp side?

The planter is in front of a window in my study. It gets lots of
daylight but direct sunlight only for a couple of hours in the
afternoon, more in summer. Since it's in my study I keep the room at
"room temperature" for the most part. I live on the seacoast north of
Izmir but the we rarely get much humidity because of constant winds
from the northeast. FWIW, a few cactuses do survive on their own here
and there outdoors though I don't imagine they enjoy it much during
winter, when the weather sometimes gets harsh. I asked a local florist
about watering yesterday and she said to feed them a little water
using an eyedropper applied to the roots once every two weeks and not
to get any water on the bodies of the plants themselves.

--
Bob
Sidera errantia quibus procella tenebrarum in aeternum servata est