Old 28-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Anyone growing bush squash hybrids?

Once again, I've chosen the wrong squash, Burpee Butterbush. Supposedly
grows only 4 feet. Nonsense. It grows 4' in every direction. :-) Anyone have
first hand experience with a more compact winter squash variety? I don't
care if it's acorn squash or the more oblong squash.

Old 29-07-2005, 01:54 AM
Ann

"Doug Kanter" expounded:

Once again, I've chosen the wrong squash, Burpee Butterbush. Supposedly
grows only 4 feet. Nonsense. It grows 4' in every direction. :-) Anyone have
first hand experience with a more compact winter squash variety? I don't
care if it's acorn squash or the more oblong squash.

I've had good luck with Cornell's Bush Delicata, but even still, the
plants are about 4' all aroung, too. If there's a more compact
variety I'd love to try it, too.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts