Old 01-08-2005, 02:54 PM
roger

Default Need to identify grass used in playgrounds

I live in New Jersey. Most playgrounds here are seeded with some sort
of very hardy grass that has a wider blade than the common grasses
they sell for home lawn seedeing.
Does anyone know what the name of this grass type is?
Thanks
Roger

Old 01-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Vox Humana

"roger" wrote in message
ups.com...
I live in New Jersey. Most playgrounds here are seeded with some sort
of very hardy grass that has a wider blade than the common grasses
they sell for home lawn seedeing.
Does anyone know what the name of this grass type is?
Thanks
Roger

Why not call the parks and recreation department, school board, or other
agency that actually planted the grass in question and ask them?

Old 01-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Dan J.S.

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
. ..

"roger" wrote in message
ups.com...
I live in New Jersey. Most playgrounds here are seeded with some sort
of very hardy grass that has a wider blade than the common grasses
they sell for home lawn seedeing.
Does anyone know what the name of this grass type is?
Thanks
Roger

Why not call the parks and recreation department, school board, or other
agency that actually planted the grass in question and ask them?

Because when you start calling, these officials get suspicious. It's all
about contracts and who has what in whose pocket. One thing that works is
calling the landscaping company that has the contract.

I use Scott's high traffic grass around the playground on my property and it
works great. This stuff is a combo of 4 different grasses. Very hardy.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Vox Humana

"Dan J.S." wrote in message

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
. ..

"roger" wrote in message
ups.com...
I live in New Jersey. Most playgrounds here are seeded with some sort
of very hardy grass that has a wider blade than the common grasses
they sell for home lawn seedeing.
Does anyone know what the name of this grass type is?
Thanks
Roger

Why not call the parks and recreation department, school board, or other
agency that actually planted the grass in question and ask them?

Because when you start calling, these officials get suspicious. It's all
about contracts and who has what in whose pocket. One thing that works is
calling the landscaping company that has the contract.

That seem really paranoid to me, and to get the name of the company you
would have to deal with the agency anyway.

Old 01-08-2005, 11:44 PM
David Bockman

"roger" wrote in
ups.com:

I live in New Jersey. Most playgrounds here are seeded with some sort
of very hardy grass that has a wider blade than the common grasses
they sell for home lawn seedeing.
Does anyone know what the name of this grass type is?
Thanks
Roger

Probably 'K31', an industry standard for sports fields and playgrounds.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

[IMG] code is On

Identify these dense shrubs, used as a hedge? ncstockguy Gardening 3 12-05-2008 06:09 PM
Planting grass where evergreen tree used to be [email protected] Gardening 4 13-08-2007 09:34 PM
Need Used Briggs and Stratton Engine for Rototiller canaanskier Lawns 1 03-05-2005 12:45 AM
need used chipper Farias Texas 0 04-12-2004 06:36 PM
I need used 12 HP briggs vertical copper Lawns 1 01-09-2004 02:38 AM