GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is this plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/101140-what-plant.html)

Mama Bear 09-08-2005 02:58 AM

What is this plant?

I love these plants. What are they?

http://dim.com/~melissa/photos/What%...is%20plant.JPG

Thanks in advance.

--
- Mama Bear

Mark Herbert 09-08-2005 04:35 AM

In article ,
Mama Bear wrote:

I love these plants. What are they?

http://dim.com/~melissa/photos/What%...is%20plant.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Russian sage, I believe, emerging from behind what appear to be junipers.

Hemmaholic 09-08-2005 12:11 PM

I wish I could see the leaf shape better as I don't think it is
"Russian Sage", but one of the Lavenders. "Russian Sage" has a very
pungent "fragrance", almost offensive, whereby Lavender is a lot easier
on the olfactory senses. I do grow both and find the RS tends to be
invasive and has a very unkempt appearance. Lavender tends to stay
where it is planted, has more upright growth.

Hemma

Mama Bear 09-08-2005 08:24 PM

"Hemmaholic" wrote :

I wish I could see the leaf shape better as I don't think it
is "Russian Sage", but one of the Lavenders. "Russian Sage"
has a very pungent "fragrance", almost offensive, whereby
Lavender is a lot easier on the olfactory senses.

Not lavender, these are 3-4' tall.

--
- Mama Bear

Hemmaholic 10-08-2005 01:52 PM

Russian Sage they are then!

Hemma

Cereus-validus....... 10-08-2005 02:43 PM

ROTFLMAO!

Is everything "Russian Sage" to you?

"Hemmaholic" wrote in message
ups.com...
Russian Sage they are then!

Hemma

Mama Bear 10-08-2005 09:20 PM

"Cereus-validus......." wrote :

ROTFLMAO!

Is everything "Russian Sage" to you?

"Hemmaholic" wrote in message
ups.com...
Russian Sage they are then!

I just bought one at Home Depot yesterday, and they are.

--
- Mama Bear