Old 09-08-2005, 02:58 AM
Mama Bear

Default What is this plant?

I love these plants. What are they?

http://dim.com/~melissa/photos/What%...is%20plant.JPG

Thanks in advance.

--
- Mama Bear

Old 09-08-2005, 04:35 AM
Mark Herbert

In article ,
Mama Bear wrote:

I love these plants. What are they?

http://dim.com/~melissa/photos/What%...is%20plant.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Russian sage, I believe, emerging from behind what appear to be junipers.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Hemmaholic

I wish I could see the leaf shape better as I don't think it is
"Russian Sage", but one of the Lavenders. "Russian Sage" has a very
pungent "fragrance", almost offensive, whereby Lavender is a lot easier
on the olfactory senses. I do grow both and find the RS tends to be
invasive and has a very unkempt appearance. Lavender tends to stay
where it is planted, has more upright growth.

Hemma

Old 09-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Mama Bear

"Hemmaholic" wrote :

I wish I could see the leaf shape better as I don't think it
is "Russian Sage", but one of the Lavenders. "Russian Sage"
has a very pungent "fragrance", almost offensive, whereby
Lavender is a lot easier on the olfactory senses.

Not lavender, these are 3-4' tall.

--
- Mama Bear

Old 10-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Hemmaholic

Russian Sage they are then!

Hemma

Old 10-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Cereus-validus.......

ROTFLMAO!

Is everything "Russian Sage" to you?

"Hemmaholic" wrote in message
ups.com...
Russian Sage they are then!

Hemma

Old 10-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Mama Bear

"Cereus-validus......." wrote :

ROTFLMAO!

Is everything "Russian Sage" to you?

"Hemmaholic" wrote in message
ups.com...
Russian Sage they are then!

I just bought one at Home Depot yesterday, and they are.

--
- Mama Bear