Old 11-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Jenny

Default Pruning the Mystery Clematis?

I got a cheap clematis root at Wal-Mart which is growing nicely.
However, nothing on the package told me what kind it was and when to
prune it. I am aware there are two different approaches.

The picture on the box shows a white flower with a red central streak.
Mine is too little to even think about flowering, so I don't know if
that is what it really will look like. (My plants rarely end up looking
like the pictures on boxes or seed packets, which isn't always bad, but
is making me something of a cynic.)

The baby vine is about 15 inches high right now, growing up the base of
a trellis.

What if anything should I do about pruning it?

--Jenny

http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u/ Diabetes info
http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/ Low Carb info
Old 11-08-2005, 05:24 AM
Dana Schultz

In my experience I would say leave it be. It will come back well next year.
Some of my new acquisitions this year are a little scrawny too.

If you are up to a little search check out this web page. And dream.
http://www.clematis.com.pl/wms/wmsg.php/52349.html
I have found it extremely helpful. I sooo wish I could order some of the
vines but the minimum is a little too high for my greenhouse.

--
Dana
www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid

Old 12-08-2005, 08:37 AM
gconn77

You can post this question in my Garden and House Plant Forum. The
website address is http://gconn77.com/smf/

Old 12-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Jenny

gconn77 wrote:
You can post this question in my Garden and House Plant Forum. The
website address is http://gconn77.com/smf/

Except that I posted it here, spammer!

--Jenny