GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Variegated ID help ?? >>>>>>> (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/101261-variegated-id-help-%3E%3E%3E%3E%3E%3E%3E.html)

chaz 11-08-2005 03:38 PM

Variegated ID help ?? >>>>>>>

I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has leaves
like a rubber plant.

http://inkweb.com/plant1/variegated.jpg

The dime on the leaf is for scale.

chaz

Toni 11-08-2005 03:52 PM

"chaz" wrote in message
I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has leaves
like a rubber plant.

http://inkweb.com/plant1/variegated.jpg

The dime on the leaf is for scale.

A rubber plant *is* a ficus- Ficus elastica.

--
Toni
South Florida USA

chaz 11-08-2005 04:37 PM

"Toni" wrote in message

"chaz" wrote in message
I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has leaves
like a rubber plant.

http://inkweb.com/plant1/variegated.jpg

The dime on the leaf is for scale.

A rubber plant *is* a ficus- Ficus elastica.

--
Toni
South Florida USA
Zone 10b
http://ww.cearbhaill.com

Ok, so im a moron! :) thanks for the help...............

Fragile \Joseph\ Warrior 11-08-2005 06:29 PM

"chaz" wrote in message

"Toni" wrote in message

"chaz" wrote in message
I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has
leaves
like a rubber plant.

http://inkweb.com/plant1/variegated.jpg

The dime on the leaf is for scale.

A rubber plant *is* a ficus- Ficus elastica.

--
Toni
South Florida USA
Zone 10b
http://ww.cearbhaill.com

Ok, so im a moron! :) thanks for the help...............

Hey, everyone is a moron about *something*. (read: it was news to me, too.)

Pretty plant. I'm a sucker for variegated leaves.

chaz 11-08-2005 07:57 PM

"Fragile "Joseph" Warrior" wrote in message

"chaz" wrote in message

"Toni" wrote in message

"chaz" wrote in message
I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has
leaves
like a rubber plant.

http://inkweb.com/plant1/variegated.jpg

The dime on the leaf is for scale.

A rubber plant *is* a ficus- Ficus elastica.

--
Toni
South Florida USA
Zone 10b
http://ww.cearbhaill.com

Ok, so im a moron! :) thanks for the help...............

Hey, everyone is a moron about *something*. (read: it was news to me,
too.)

Pretty plant. I'm a sucker for variegated leaves.

You know, I am the same way, I have plants that I wouldnt really care for if
they were variegated. I LOVE my pink and white variegated african violets.

Fragile \Joseph\ Warrior 11-08-2005 08:33 PM

"chaz" wrote in message

"Toni" wrote in message

"chaz" wrote in message
I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has
leaves
like a rubber plant.

http://inkweb.com/plant1/variegated.jpg

The dime on the leaf is for scale.

A rubber plant *is* a ficus- Ficus elastica.

--
Toni
South Florida USA
Zone 10b
http://ww.cearbhaill.com

Ok, so im a moron! :) thanks for the help...............

Hey, everyone is a moron about *something*. (read: it was news to me,
too.)

Pretty plant. I'm a sucker for variegated leaves.

You know, I am the same way, I have plants that I wouldnt really care for
if they were variegated. I LOVE my pink and white variegated african
violets.

Oh, yeah. The pink and white leaved violets (especially with ruffles or in
the mini size) are my most fav. I just had a lovely outside bush that had
lovely pink/white varigation in the new growth and someone (who didn't like
it) cut it down. WAHHH!!!

Toni 11-08-2005 09:14 PM

"chaz" wrote in message

Ok, so im a moron! :) thanks for the help...............

Nobody was born knowing any of this stuff- we all had to pick it up
somewhere.
Welcome to gardening g

--
Toni
South Florida USA

NZLANDSCAPES 12-08-2005 01:27 AM

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/64411/

theres a link for you chaz.
Cheers

www.nzlandscapes.com
www.nzlandscapes.blogspot.com

gconn77 12-08-2005 08:36 AM

Take a moment and post the photo in my Garden and House Plant Forum. I
have an entire section there for plant identification. The website
address is: http://gconn77.com/smf/