Old 11-08-2005, 03:38 PM
chaz

Default Variegated ID help ?? >>>>>>>

I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has leaves
like a rubber plant.

http://inkweb.com/plant1/variegated.jpg

The dime on the leaf is for scale.

chaz

Old 11-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Toni

"chaz" wrote in message
I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has leaves
like a rubber plant.

http://inkweb.com/plant1/variegated.jpg

The dime on the leaf is for scale.

A rubber plant *is* a ficus- Ficus elastica.

--
Toni
South Florida USA

Old 11-08-2005, 04:37 PM
chaz

"Toni" wrote in message

"chaz" wrote in message
I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has leaves
like a rubber plant.

http://inkweb.com/plant1/variegated.jpg

The dime on the leaf is for scale.

A rubber plant *is* a ficus- Ficus elastica.

--
Toni
South Florida USA
Zone 10b
http://ww.cearbhaill.com

Ok, so im a moron! thanks for the help...............

Old 11-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Fragile \Joseph\ Warrior

"chaz" wrote in message

"Toni" wrote in message

"chaz" wrote in message
I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has
leaves
like a rubber plant.

http://inkweb.com/plant1/variegated.jpg

The dime on the leaf is for scale.

A rubber plant *is* a ficus- Ficus elastica.

--
Toni
South Florida USA
Zone 10b
http://ww.cearbhaill.com

Ok, so im a moron! thanks for the help...............

Hey, everyone is a moron about *something*. (read: it was news to me, too.)

Pretty plant. I'm a sucker for variegated leaves.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:57 PM
chaz

"Fragile "Joseph" Warrior" wrote in message

"chaz" wrote in message

"Toni" wrote in message

"chaz" wrote in message
I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has
leaves
like a rubber plant.

http://inkweb.com/plant1/variegated.jpg

The dime on the leaf is for scale.

A rubber plant *is* a ficus- Ficus elastica.

--
Toni
South Florida USA
Zone 10b
http://ww.cearbhaill.com

Ok, so im a moron! thanks for the help...............

Hey, everyone is a moron about *something*. (read: it was news to me,
too.)

Pretty plant. I'm a sucker for variegated leaves.

You know, I am the same way, I have plants that I wouldnt really care for if
they were variegated. I LOVE my pink and white variegated african violets.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Fragile \Joseph\ Warrior

"chaz" wrote in message

"Toni" wrote in message

"chaz" wrote in message
I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has
leaves
like a rubber plant.

http://inkweb.com/plant1/variegated.jpg

The dime on the leaf is for scale.

A rubber plant *is* a ficus- Ficus elastica.

--
Toni
South Florida USA
Zone 10b
http://ww.cearbhaill.com

Ok, so im a moron! thanks for the help...............

Hey, everyone is a moron about *something*. (read: it was news to me,
too.)

Pretty plant. I'm a sucker for variegated leaves.

You know, I am the same way, I have plants that I wouldnt really care for
if they were variegated. I LOVE my pink and white variegated african
violets.

Oh, yeah. The pink and white leaved violets (especially with ruffles or in
the mini size) are my most fav. I just had a lovely outside bush that had
lovely pink/white varigation in the new growth and someone (who didn't like
it) cut it down. WAHHH!!!

Old 11-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Toni

"chaz" wrote in message

Ok, so im a moron! thanks for the help...............

Nobody was born knowing any of this stuff- we all had to pick it up
somewhere.
Welcome to gardening g

--
Toni
South Florida USA

Old 12-08-2005, 01:27 AM
NZLANDSCAPES

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/64411/

theres a link for you chaz.
Cheers

www.nzlandscapes.com
www.nzlandscapes.blogspot.com

Old 12-08-2005, 08:36 AM
gconn77

Take a moment and post the photo in my Garden and House Plant Forum. I
have an entire section there for plant identification. The website
address is: http://gconn77.com/smf/

Old 24-08-2005, 05:58 AM
Suzy O

Both. A rubber plant is a type of ficus, ficus elastica.

Suzy O
"chaz" wrote in message
I received this in a plant trade, was told its a ficus, but it has leaves
like a rubber plant.

http://inkweb.com/plant1/variegated.jpg

The dime on the leaf is for scale.

chaz

[IMG] code is On

Variegated leaves have lost their pattern! Peter Jason Gardening 7 04-01-2005 05:43 AM
variegated azalea Stephen M. Henning Gardening 1 16-06-2003 04:08 AM
Variegated water hyacinth??? EJ Ponds 0 14-06-2003 07:20 AM
[Q] Variegated echinodorus becoming normal? Sir Loin of Beef Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 10-06-2003 07:08 PM