Old 14-08-2005, 03:04 AM
Rick

Default Dogwood tree not feeling well

Hello,
My dogwood in NJ gets this way every August. Watering doesnt help. It is in
a shady spot in my yard and was planted about 5 yrs ago. Same problem every
year, starts out OK.
What can I do to fix this problem? Thanks.
Pix at http://www.rauth.com/pix/DSCF8634.JPG

Old 14-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Travis

Rick wrote:
Hello,
My dogwood in NJ gets this way every August. Watering doesnt help.
It is in a shady spot in my yard and was planted about 5 yrs ago.
Same problem every year, starts out OK.
What can I do to fix this problem? Thanks.
Pix at http://www.rauth.com/pix/DSCF8634.JPG

Anthracnose perhaps.
http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/ho...gwd/ht_dog.htm

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5
Old 14-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Rick

Thanks for the link. That sure looks like it. I applied Neem about a month
ago, which the label says will control Anthracnose, but I only applied it
once.

Old 14-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Vox Humana

"Rick" wrote in message
news
Thanks for the link. That sure looks like it. I applied Neem about a month
ago, which the label says will control Anthracnose, but I only applied it
once.

I doubt that anything you do will save a dogwood with anthracnose. I would
consider removing the tree and replacing it with something else if indeed
the diagnosis is anthracnose.

Old 14-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Travis

Rick wrote:
Hello,
My dogwood in NJ gets this way every August. Watering doesnt
help. It is in a shady spot in my yard and was planted about 5
yrs ago. Same problem every year, starts out OK.
What can I do to fix this problem? Thanks.
Pix at http://www.rauth.com/pix/DSCF8634.JPG

Anthracnose perhaps.
http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/ho...gwd/ht_dog.htm

Anthracnose may be controlled but in the end it will kill the tree.
Korean Dogwood (Cornus kousa) is resistant.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5