Old 20-08-2005, 07:28 AM
Charles

Default pond tomato

Got my first tomato from the pond today. I read somewhere about
growing tomatos in the filter, the idea is that they are very heavy
feeders and will suck up all the nutrients. I don't know about that
part, but the plant grew and gave me some nice fruit. Tastes good as
well.
Old 20-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Enjoy the fruit of your ponding.

That is an interesting idea. I am not sure where to fit the tomato into
our scheme, we would love some feeding like that. Lots of time to think
about it...tomatos are for next year.

Jim

Old 20-08-2005, 12:25 PM
gunnar

be careful when growing tomatoes near pond don't let fish nibble on them the
leaves will kill them. i planted some in rocks of my pond a few years ago
and almost lost all my fish.
.. .