Old 23-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Note

Default BULBS

To all at Rec Gardening:

Eurobulbs new secure site is now open:
True Cultivated English Bluebells - NOT STOLEN FROM OUR WOODLANDS ! ( We are
ministry registered growers - please do not support those who steal bulbs
from the wild)
Snowdrops, Crocus, Aconites, Narcissus
and many more...

We have a special offer on -
30 free Ornithagalum Nutans and 30 free Scilla Siberica bulbs
with EVERY £30 you spend.

Delivery to UK Mainland is only £2.00 ( for Highlands, Islands and further
afield please call to arrange delivery)

Hope to hear from you soon !

Happy Gardening folks !

Jerry

( This is not electronically generated spam - it was posted "by hand" to
rec.gardening by a subscriber)

Old 24-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Warren

Note wrote:

( This is not electronically generated spam - it was posted "by hand" to
rec.gardening by a subscriber)

You seem to misunderstand what spam is. Spam is unsolicited commercial
messages.

It doesn't matter that you posted "by hand". What matters is your content
was entirely commercial. Your intent is to sell your wears in a
non-commercial discussion group. That is spam.

If there was a discussion about how some sellers are stealing their bulbs
from the wild, endangering the environment, and you wanted to offer your
opinion, and mention that you sell bulbs that are not harvested from the
wild, that would probably not be spam. (That's assuming you're adding to the
discussion, and not just taking the opportunity to post an advertisement.)

But when you jump in and start talking about what you have for sale in a
group that wasn't chartered as a forsale group, it's spam even if what
you're selling is related to the topic of the discussion group, and even if
you posted the message "by hand".

Perhaps I'm giving you too much slack here because you also included one big
sign that the message is spam: You denied it was spam right in the message.
That makes me wonder whether I'm being too nice. If you didn't already know
your message was spam, why did you need to deny it was spam before anyone
even called you on it? The answer probably is that you already knew it was
spam, and I wasted my nice guy attitude on a spammer who's so dishonest that
he lies about being a spammer.

Bottom line: Your message was spam.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/

Old 24-08-2005, 05:44 PM
paghat

In article , "Warren"
wrote:

Note wrote:

[...]

Worse, in denying spam is spam the spammer accidentally reveals himself as
dishonest. So what are the chances the bulbs weren't actually stolen from
the wild.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html

[IMG] code is On

bulbs lois Lawns 3 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Spring Bulbs Greg Gardening 2 04-02-2003 02:48 AM
an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets j Ponds (alternative) 1 30-01-2003 05:21 AM
SPAM ALERT an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets animaux Gardening 0 30-01-2003 02:52 AM
an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets j Gardening 0 29-01-2003 09:55 PM