Old 27-08-2005, 05:30 PM
John

Default Autumn Blaze Red Maple with no leaves-help!

Hello.

I purchased and planted an Autumn Blaze Red Maple on 5/28/05, and to date,
there hasn't been a single leaf growing on this tree. There are tiny buds,
but that is it.

I have the one-year swapout option on it, but I didn't want to do that if it
is just a late bloomer.

I live in Zion, IL (near the Wisconsin border). The soil has about 2" of
topsoil and then it is clay. I followed the directions on the label exactly
(didn't plant too deep, size of hole, etc.)

What I wanted was a shade tree during the summer, and then I wanted the
color in the fall. But right now, the only "shade" I am getting from it is
from the branches sticking up in the air.

Is this a keeper?? Is it dead, or just hibernating??

Thanks for any help!

John

Old 27-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Vox Humana

"John" wrote in message
[...]

I say its dead. You should contact the nursery where you bought and see
what they think.

Old 27-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Derryl

Hi John

Swapout that tree for one that is in leaf. Dead trees have no leaves.

Derryl, Calgary

Old 27-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Boothbay

John, if you want to keep it at all cost, other than its dead...scratch
the bark and if you see green...its alive. You may not get what u want
this season coming, but its alive.

Old 27-08-2005, 11:08 PM

Your tree is most definitley dead if it hasnt leafed out yet. Green
under the bark dosent really mean much. I have observed many
dead/dying trees with plenty of green underneath. Take the tree back
to the nursery.

Toad

[IMG] code is On

Nov 11 - Autumn Leaves Autumn Sky_8129.jpg John - Pa. Garden Photos 0 11-11-2007 10:10 PM
Blaze Improved [binary] Victor Martinez Roses 1 21-04-2004 01:05 AM
Blaze Improved [binary] Chuck Texas 1 20-04-2004 05:05 AM
Deep snow delays planned blaze Aozotorp alt.forestry 0 15-04-2003 01:32 PM