GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tulip bulbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/10383-tulip-bulbs.html)

14-03-2003 01:20 PM

tulip bulbs

I received some tulip bulbs for Christmas from a friend in Holland. Can I
plant them in the ground now to have them come up this spring in Michigan?
I have a garden bed that is relatively protected and the soil is loose
enough to dig into to plant them. If not what can I do with them? Thanks.
Steve

SugarChile 14-03-2003 02:32 PM

tulip bulbs

You may as well plant them; they are not going to keep until next fall.
They may or may not grow and bloom this spring--tulips like to start their
root growth in the fall, and need a certain amount of chill hours in the
winter. But plants can surprise you, and you've got nothing to lose.

Good luck,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA