GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rugosa means what? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/104479-rugosa-means-what.html)

RosietheRiviter 10-09-2005 04:28 PM

rugosa means what?

Could someone please tell me what the word rugosa means with plant
names? Often I buy plants and they have this word but I never know what
it means. Thanks

Anonny Moose 10-09-2005 04:46 PM

"RosietheRiviter" wrote in message
ups.com...
Could someone please tell me what the word rugosa means with plant
names? Often I buy plants and they have this word but I never know what
it means. Thanks

Wrinkled

Kay Lancaster 10-09-2005 10:42 PM

On 10 Sep 2005 08:28:49 -0700, RosietheRiviter wrote:
Could someone please tell me what the word rugosa means with plant
names? Often I buy plants and they have this word but I never know what

Wrinkled, often referring to leaf texturing.

paghat 10-09-2005 11:55 PM

In article , Kay Lancaster
wrote:

On 10 Sep 2005 08:28:49 -0700, RosietheRiviter wrote:
Could someone please tell me what the word rugosa means with plant
names? Often I buy plants and they have this word but I never know what

Wrinkled, often referring to leaf texturing.

Rug as in carpet. Osa, the name of an important Prince of Hell according
to The Pseudomonarchia Daemonum, but also a word meaning Bear. Hence
rugosa means "demonic bear rug." When it needs ironing, it's the Wrinkled
Demonic Bear Rug.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html

Salty Thumb 11-09-2005 05:03 AM

(paghat) wrote in
:

wrote:
Could someone please tell me what the word rugosa means with plant
names? Often I buy plants and they have this word but I never know
what

Wrinkled, often referring to leaf texturing.

Rug as in carpet. Osa, the name of an important Prince of Hell
according to The Pseudomonarchia Daemonum, but also a word meaning
Bear. Hence rugosa means "demonic bear rug." When it needs ironing,
it's the Wrinkled Demonic Bear Rug.

-paghat the ratgirl

Close, but not quite: Rug = toupee + Osa = bear-like = Grizzly Adam's
Toupee.

Rosa Rugosa Trumponi = Resembles Donald Trump after being mauled by a
bear and a love sick lumberjack, brought to you by Sesame Street and the
letter R.

Warren 11-09-2005 06:30 AM

Salty Thumb wrote:
Rosa Rugosa Trumponi = Resembles Donald Trump after being mauled by a
bear and a love sick lumberjack, brought to you by Sesame Street and the
letter R.

Do you have a nursery that sells this by mail? I think I have the perfect
spot for that.

Salty Thumb 14-09-2005 04:07 AM

"Warren" wrote in
:

Salty Thumb wrote:
Rosa Rugosa Trumponi = Resembles Donald Trump after being mauled by
a bear and a love sick lumberjack, brought to you by Sesame Street
and the letter R.

Do you have a nursery that sells this by mail? I think I have the
perfect spot for that.

I've been looking for it myself. Could be it's not available to mere
mortals because of strict controlls on the so called "intellectual
property" rights. The best you can do is buy the cut flowers he

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...Search+Froogle

um, oh yeah, do not ask me how I know this.

Eyebright 14-09-2005 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosietheRiviter
Could someone please tell me what the word rugosa means

salty , paghat ....you both make me laff ty