GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Candle tree plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/108149-candle-tree-plant.html)

Marie Rainwater 18-10-2005 08:01 PM

Candle tree plant?

Has anyone ever heard of this plant. I think the blooms are yellow and look
like wax. Where can I get one?
Thanks
Marie

zxcvbob 18-10-2005 08:08 PM

Candle tree plant?

Marie Rainwater wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of this plant. I think the blooms are yellow and look
like wax. Where can I get one?
Thanks Marie

You should be able to find seeds for them online if you search for
"Cassia alata".

Best regards,
Bob

Donald Gares 18-10-2005 09:05 PM

Candle tree plant?

Marie Rainwater wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of this plant. I think the blooms are yellow and look
like wax. Where can I get one?
Thanks
Marie

The seeds are for sale all over e-Bay, following is one example:
http://tinyurl.com/ae2gn

Don

Travis 18-10-2005 09:14 PM

Candle tree plant?

Marie Rainwater wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of this plant. I think the blooms are
yellow
and look like wax. Where can I get one?
Thanks
Marie

Did you Goggle for it?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

how 19-10-2005 04:36 PM

Candle tree plant?

" Marie Rainwater" wrote in message
Has anyone ever heard of this plant. I think the blooms are yellow and
look like wax. Where can I get one?
Thanks
Marie

Hi,
Perhaps Parmentiera cereifera is what you want.
HTH -_- how

no NEWS is good